Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists - where have they all gone??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

If you're actually unable to find one, SCR Dental (D8) or Molesworth Dental Clinic (just off Grafton St) should be able to get you in fast enough.

I’ll have to Investigate later. I tried phoning some near me but they don’t answer the phone, and then don’t get back to you. Enough business already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Part of my tooth broke last week. Rang the dentist for an appointment and was asked "are you in pain?"

I wasn't so they booked in for this morning. Filling cost €50.

If I was in pain, I'd say I'd have been seen pretty quickly.

Success! They answered the phone, got an appointment next Thursday. Seems they are discounting new routine dental. I used to be able to choose my dentist there, and had a good Brazilian lady looking after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭taratee

Think a lot of people don't realise how demanding it is. Would be interesting to see the number of dentists who leave the profession each year.

• Advertisement

Just went around to the chemist to collect something and a leaflet was handed to me on my way in. A new dentist setting up! The irony after setting up the thread 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

I rang my dentist last week as lost part of a tooth got appointment in a few days cost 90 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

You did well - I had a tooth broken during a medical procedure, couldn't see my own dentist for at least a week, managed to get an emergency appointment elsewhere ...cost me 160 euro! That hurt as much as the tooth 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

Poor government.

GP numbers were kept down on purpose to keep price up. Now Ireland is looking for GPs in Africa.

All shortages are created by poor government.

I think there’s two teeth at play, one very visible lower incisor. My wallet hurts more than my teeth at this prospect tbh. But my vanity is rather as sensitive as my lower incisor. Difficult decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I heard that regular dentistry can turn into a sh1t job after a while

Money not that fantastic when u pay secretaries and assistants for basic work

They mostly seem to do a bit of a fiddle on the medical card scheme too , booking in fillings not done etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

delete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

See a few dentists on Tax defaulters list over the years.

Cry me a river. Not short of a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

This thread makes me so appreciative of my dentist.

Kinda makes up in some small way for my asshole GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭bfclancy2

Ah stop the money must be fantastic, precovid i went into get a broken tooth checked, i had 1200 euro spent over three session and the tooth was still in the same state, covid hit then so i just left it off, Riverpoint in Limerick was the practice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My dentist in Ireland was great. If I was in pain they saw me immediately and they were always really nice.

Now I'm in Germany I needed to get some implants done. So I went to the dentist on the ground floor of the building I live in. I had two 4 hour sessions of surgery. And I was so grateful that I only had to travel upstairs to get home.

Some of the bridgework broke over the weekend and I was able to be at the door when they opened at 8am. It's currently being repaired and I'll be back to normal at 4:30 pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Kurooi

Finding a dentist is easy. Finding a good dentist....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

My dentist was great. Now they've moved into some management role. Dreading who they've been replaced with.

Advertisement