Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elocution lessons for Helen McEntee

Options
  • 29-11-2023 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Please, for the love of God, can somebody take this woman to elocution lessons. Her talk about the riots in our 'Sissy' (city) is just appalling.

Post edited by Seth Brundle on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

Ad hominem.

Stay classy, OP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

In what way is Minister McEntee's pronunciation of the word city a suitable topic of discussion for the Politics forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Drifter100

Fair comment.

The use of the English language and its proper / correct pronunciation is very poor amongst our political representatives. Dropping their H`s , rushed and nervous speaking, interrupting and that`s before we say anything about their knowledge. I`d say other nations laugh behind their backs about us Paddy`s now and how pathetic and uneducated we appear to be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The "th" disease is the worst, not only politicians, but people in general.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

No they don't laugh at us.

It is disgraceful to criticize pronunciation. It is what she says that matters - not her accent.

Mods - this needs closing and deleting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

Fair comment.

The use of the English language and its proper / correct pronunciation is very poor amongst our political representatives. Dropping their H`s , rushed and nervous speaking, interrupting and that`s before we say anything about their knowledge. I`d say other nations laugh behind their backs about us Paddy`s now and how pathetic and uneducated we appear to be

How ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd go further, and ask in what way is the Minister's pronunciation of a word a suitable topic of discussion on any forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

Could be worse........could speak like Katie Taylor!. Let me get my coat !.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Pointless thread - closing it now

@Craggy Jon welcome to Boards but please read the charter for the Politics forum befor eposting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement