Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Dacia Duster

Options
  • 29-11-2023 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Just seen this.

Not bad looking at all. A bit of style even. The interior and dash all still look like hard plastics do which would hardly be surprising for how much you get for the price. The last model before its revamp was the best looking both inside and outside so far but this looks better again and I think even bigger.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 634 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I was looking at that earlier, I think its a very tidy looking motor inside and out. Unlike some of the monstrosities that BMW and the likes are coming out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭teediddlyeye

I can't unsee the similarity with the delorean logo on the grill.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Really like the look of this. Practical, affordable, unpretentious, proper buttons and now also stylish. At a time when new car prices have gone crazy and are beyond the reach of a lot of people, this is the perfect antidote. It's going to sell in huge numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Apparently as soon as they changed the logo, even on otherwise unchanged models, sales went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

On the road for €6.50 a day! Really tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In real terms, it would take you 10 years to actually buy one Duster at that price, a big deposit and balloon payment/refinance is needed to have a car for under €200 a month.

€5000 of the €24000 the car costs is covered by the €6.50 a day finance offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

Not sure about this model, but previously the Dacia Duster fared poorly on the Euro NCAP car safety rating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

been renting older models on holidays, not sure id purchase myself, think id rather spend a few quid more, theyre fairly cheap ould things, but in saying that, theyve been performing fairly well in off road conditions, managed to drive through a few small rivers/streams about a foot or so deep, and poor mountain roads with no problems at all, impressive for the price....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wasn't this for pedestrian safety rather than occupancy safety?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

Overall it was a poor rating, both 4 occupants and pedestrians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Was just looking at the site, on https://www.dacia.ie/cars/duster/engines.html (Petrol tab) it says:

"With their timing belts, you gain savings on your routine maintenance budget. So clever!"

What are they on about here? Belts as opposed to chains?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The new one is on the same platform as the Jogger and Sandero so should have a strong bodyshell etc. whether they add all the technology for collision avoidance etc as standard will determine the result.

When will these hit Ireland? Just a Quick Look on Dacias site it still shows the 2023 model?

this is very smart looking, but the reviews and pictures only show LHD, will RHD look the same? Previous models didn’t as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

The biggest issue is that it will likely be priced higher than current Duster prices. This will push it into territory of other competition. Additional cost in a market were cuts are common might hinder its sales.

Does look nice though. WRT NCAP ratings -> the 2011 model was poor enough rating and this actually decreased for occupants in the 2017 version. Pedestrian and Safety assist ratings went up between 2011 and 2017 but generally were still very poor compared to others.

As above mentioned, the rating should improve but I would not expect 5 star rating. Best to hope for would be 4 star.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I wouldnt let a low pedestrian ncap put me off a car. Sure that's not really relevant to you, the driver, anyway.

It'll still be way cheaper than it's competitors. 40k wouldn't get you a brand new SUV these days. I expect these will be around 30k brand new but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

From what I've heard they are expected to be launched here around July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jimbobmalones

It looks like they will be priced at around 21 - 23k in Germany which probably means 28k - 30k in Ireland

as the Jogger here is about 6k-7k more than equivalent there. However if you go for the mid range models

with half decent engine I think you will be over the 30k. While cheaper than other brands

Dacia is also increasing prices big time compared with a few years ago when you could get many of their cars including

the duster for under 20k. So much for the EU single market

If a fully loaded duster is going to be 35k for example it's still way cheaper than other brands and from any of the reviews that have been published it looks to be an extreme step up in quality, although I'd be interested in seeing it in the flesh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

That was actually the best joke of the day !

The Irish buyer, not getting screwed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Romero

Seen reviews pop up on YouTube of these This is the hybrid review. Wonder what the pricing will be in Ireland probably over 30K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭goochy

Sales way down this yearv

• Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Of course. Everyone waiting for the next one. I have a neighbour who has a new one every year another who has a mk 1 for ages. I think they bought there last one before the mk 2 Duster came out. They must like getting end of run model deals. Maybe they will upgrade to a mk 2 when this new model comes out. I also have another neighbour who has a mk 1.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭tom23

Plastic at the side looks poxy. Pity they could not integrate it into beeen colour coded like the body

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Yeah, anyone who drives a car has never crossed a road and got knocked down. Or hit a pedestrian. Might be relevant if you or someone you're close to is ever unfortunate enough to be in a situation where a pedestrian is hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭User1998

You’d want to have seriously high morals to let a pedestrian safety rating impact your purchase decision. I’d imagine they are still way safer than anything made 20 years ago for example.

Advertisement