Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to PS5

Options
  • 28-11-2023 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Just ordered a PS5 Digital Model Group slim for my son for Christmas. He's coming from an X-Box. Just wondering in terms of reductions/bargains on games if anyone has any experience of this site:

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Ps5 - Best Price & Sale Today | GamesCard.Net

Really want to get Spider-Man 2 but really don't want to pay Sony €79.99 for the privilege. Any ideas or other sites I can try? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They are giving you a PS4/PS5 account to game share, can easily be denied access after they get your money.

Not worth the risk, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That website sells you an account with the game pre-purchased on it, instead of just a code you can redeem on any account, so wouldn't be the best option out there. I wouldn't have much experience with digital deals on PS, I think they're few and far between if you don't want to mess about with region account switching (I think even the cheap Turkish PS store is basically gone now?).

Best bet is to wait for a deal on the PS Store but new games don't get discounted much if at all for a good while (unless they're poorly received). If he's coming from Xbox, he'll have the first Spiderman and the Miles Morales one to play before the second (they follow events directly from each other), so with PS+ (the subscription service like Gamepass on Xbox) you get them and plenty other games.

A long term option is to get the removable disc drive for the PS5 Slim, and then buy physical games and trade them in once finished (to CEX) to go against the next new game. Makes new games (after the first purchase) more or less half price if you trade quick enough. Initially has the extra expense of the purchase of the disc drive (€120 - if the model you bought doesn't already come with one?), but you'll save it back quick over the new purchases with trading. It also allows access to the second hand physical market for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

I'd have gone with the disc drive version personally, but yeah the external drive is an option. CEX do very good prices at times.

Advertisement