Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't be bothered putting the bin out

Options
  • 27-11-2023 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

I'm warm by the stove. Really don't feel like venturing into the cold.

Should I make the effort or leave it for another fortnight? It's the grey bin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I only put mine out every three months or so. It'll be grand, unless it's stuffed to the gills.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,678 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I only put my recycle bin out every four weeks and the rubbish bin well that's normally double that.

What's the grey bin for?

My bins are green and blue.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I put two out tonight. No clue what's being lifted tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭gipi

Just make sure the bin is empty before the Christmas rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Put it out rats all over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

That's the issue with not having a national standard policy on waste recycling. Different bin colours and different items accepted in different ways, all over the country with major operational differences between private and council facilities.

It's an inefficient mess with mixed messages going out to the public. This is what we got when our overlords decided to turn a necessary public service, in to a commercial industry. No wonder the latest EPA report (out today) says we are failing miserably with our re-cycling targets.

We need to start from the top down - reduce the waste coming in to the country, instead of putting all the burden on the consumer to take it in gather it all up, and bring it to various places, all in support of an industry that we didn't want in the first place.

At the moment, I save all my plastic bottles up and squash them, until I literally have a car full to take to the council depot. From the new year, I will have to keep them intact, so that I can transport far less less (more frequent car journeys), to queue at a machine and individually push them through a hole, so I can recover the latest tax imposed. More and more trucks will then visit each machine to bring the bottles to a place that I could have gone to, in the first place.

What a joke - stop developing an industry and tackle the issue at source.

Advertisement