Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla Cross

Options
  • 27-11-2023 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Had anyone noticed this with Corolla Cross? When I'm filling up, 0 kms range and car telling me to refuel, I manage to get just over 30 litres in. Stated tank capacity is 43 litres. Any ideas why? Its hardly keeping over 25% capacity for reserve is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Knowing Toyota and the way they made the battery on the BZ4X it probably is. Maybe ask them. You could e-mail them maybe.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭PaulRyan97

If you look at the manual for the car it should tell you exactly how much fuel is left in the tank when the low fuel warning indicator comes on.

Toyota tend to be conservative with their fuel reserves so I wouldn't be surprised if it is something like 10 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Yaris cross is 36 litres, another way to find out is to bring a jerry can with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Manual says 6.7 litres, but real life is more like 10. Struggle to get over 30 litres in. That's rather annoying. Filling up with a quarter tank left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

How many km are you getting from a fill

• Advertisement

About 550kms from 30ish litres

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It does, but also a bit redundant having so much of a reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Toyota's onboard range computer is iffy at best. (I have a Corolla Cross as well)

Best way to check it is to brim the tank, reset a trip to zero, drive until it needs fuel again, brim the tank noting the fuel input and the distance traveled, and then work out the usage.

For a volume test, drive until the fuel warning light comes on, and then brim the tank. Most Toyotas normally have around 7 litres in the tank at that stage, but not all will be usable.

BTW, Toyota warns about driving until completely empty, and then relying on the traction battery. Apparently (from what I have read) if that happens, it's a Toyota garage start procedure .......

The warning light comes on with 10km range to go.

I let it go to zero the other day and brimmed it, and got just over 31 litres in. So defo about 10 litres not being used.

When I was driving it initially I thought thought it was alot thirstier than previous corolla ts. But giving that I'm only using about 30ish litres it's the same or slightly better I guess but Still would prefer to be able to use more of the reserve.

Other than that it's a very decent car/suv. I'm enjoying driving it alot.

How are you finding yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chippy01

If what you say is happening, I would take it back to the dealer. It doesn't seem to be calibrated right.

My previous car was the Saloon hybrid, and the fuel light used to come on with about 45km range showing. Refueling at that point I could put anything from 35 - 40 litres in (45 litre tank), depending on distance covered, ambient temperatures, and driving style. As I said, the range computer can be misleading.

I haven't had my own Cross's fuel light come on yet, but one day I'm sure I will.

When your fuel light comes on, and you're showing 10kms left, what does the fuel gauge read? Must be barely under 1/4 full, if it's as you say. As I said, if it's an issue, take it back to Toyota to check out.

I switched to the Cross due to back issues, and getting in and out of the Saloon was starting to be a struggle. Those extra couple of inches in height really makes a difference. The Cross suits me perfectly. Comfy, smooth, well put together, and doesn't hurt me to get in and out of. And it has all the tech I need.

Advertisement