Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone RED roaming in the US

Options
  • 27-11-2023 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Anyone who has been in the US using the above was the 500MB sufficient? I presume that is per day as part of the €3.99 per day plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes it's per day. Plenty once you are not watching videos or excessively using Google Maps. You could use it all up in 10 minutes watching HD video. It used to be 200mb and I would get by with that and using hotel WiFi.

I usually set a daily download limit on my phone at near 80% of the allowance so I get a warning when it's about to go over it. Another thing to remember is it renews at midnight Irish time each day, not local time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yeah i manage ok on 500mb. I download google maps beforehand. I hope Vodafone have sorted their issue over there recently. I was unable to receive calls and texts over there 2 weeks ago for the whole duration i was there. Data and making calls worked for most part. Vodafone as usual hadn’t a clue on how to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

It should be fine it you download Google maps in advance on wifi, do updates on wifi etc.

Advertisement