Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Mod has given unwarranted warning

Options
  • 26-11-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭

I received a warning from cookiemunster because of the below post in the Rugby forum in a thread dedicated to yesterday's Leinster V Munster game

The mod in question has had an axe to grind against me for some time now as can be seen in many of his replies to me on the Limerick and Rugby forums. I feel that his warning against me because of what many would see as a tongue-in-cheek joke is simply a continuation of his/her petty-ness

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

@Red Silurian I will take a look at this for you.

Firstly, please confirm you have attempted to resolve this via PM with the Mod in question.

If this is already done, please post the PM conversation here or forward them to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Cheers, I can confirm I have attempted to resolve this with the mod, screenshots PM'd to you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PM's received, thank you.

I should be able to get back to you tomorrow.

I've taken a good look at the thread, your posting history and you PM's.

Classifying your comment as 'tongue in cheek' is open to interpretation. Your post was reported and interpreted by a Mod as worthy of a sanction. Provincial nonsense has long been an issue within the Rugby Forum. In a Leinster v Munster match thread, your last line was a poorly worded/constructed comment.

Your poor attempt at resolving the issue through PM, was exactly that, poor. But given you had not received any sanction previously in a Forum you post frequently in, I propose reducing the warning from a 1 point to a 0 point warning - a reminder for you to post with a little less 'tongue in cheek' on the topic in future.

Let me know if this is agreeable for you.

If it isn't, the 1 point warning will remain and I will ask for an Admin review.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

This is agreeable to me

This thread can be marked as resolved, thank you

• Advertisement

1 point Warning has been changed to a 0 point.

Please mark as Resolved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Closing accordingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement