Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners in the washing machine, are they done for?

Options
  • 23-11-2023 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Was staying up in the mother's last weekend for a race and I accidentally left my runners in hers. My mother not having a clue about running but always being helpful and mammying threw them in the washing machine on a 40 degree wash and left them on the rad to dry 😅

I won't be back up for a couple of days but wanted to check with more experienced folks in this area, should they be alright or would that likely ruin them? They're a pair of Pegasus Turbo Next Natures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

In my experience they will have shrunk and will be too tight for running.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

If they are too tight, wet them again and put them on, walk around for a few minutes and they stuff them with newspaper really tight and leave to dry naturally very slowly. Might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭marathon2022

I put my daily trainers in the wash every couple of hundred miles, so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Runster

Fine on a cold wash and stuffed with newspaper to dry

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Rossi7

I've washed my Turbo's Next Natures and they are fine, granted I only use them occasionally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Remove the in-sole if any and dry thoroughly: it's plastic, 40c, they'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Thanks all for the helpful replies! Managed to get them out for a run today, thankfully didn't notice a major difference but I'll avoid tempting fate too much again and stick with the handwash method!

Advertisement