Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iChrono

Options
  • 23-11-2023 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Does anyone have any experience of buying from them? Thoughts on reliability etc? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've got him to look at watches for me, including a Datejust, and he was very sound and seemed to know his tuff well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Way over market price to buy from and way under market price to sell to.Now that can be said of most watch dealers though but his margins above and below are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Can recommend Chris for sales and servicing. Knows his stuff.

Does tend to price as if everything is still appreciating as scwazrh said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, met to view a watch and looking to trade in my sub. He seems like a good guy and knows his stuff, but the value put on my watch was a bit silly - with the watch I was interested in being at the higher end (but very clean looking, to be fair).

I ended up selling my watch on chrono24 for about 2.5k more within a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭893bet

what he offer on the sub ? And which sub?

Dealer buy prices offer decent insite into the state of the market. For the last number of years such was the demand that the margin on watches as was being squeeze such that a private sale could almost achieve a dealer price. That’s changing…..sellers are slow to realise and still are looking at the dealer selling prices and not the dealer buy prices. Private market should really be somewhere in between but I suggest closer to the dealer buy price than the dealer sell price.

Se

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Irish watch dealers are so out of touch with real watch prices though.One dealer on adverts that most of us here are familiar with has a tudor panda chrono on adverts for 6 grand and wont move on price, thats mental money .The same can be bought through large mainland europe dealers for 4500 .But i suppose Ichrono's target market isnt the likes of us who follow prices and spend too much time on watches .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FocusST

He had a Batgirl up for 16.5K recently which seemed to be bang on iChrono market price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The offer was about 6k or so on a SubC - pretty much at the height of the Rolex mania a couple years ago. It wasn’t a safe queen but it was a full set. I listed it at a bit over 9k on chrono24 where it was one of the cheapest examples, and it sold very quickly for the asking.

Edit: I totally understand a dealer's need for a margin, and that private sellers are usually dreaming to think they can get what a dealer is listing their watches for. But that I was able to do considerably better in a short amount of time indicates it wasn't really a reasonable offer, especially as it was against a DSSD which isn't as easy to sell. I think at the time, you'd be lucky to get anything but a very tatty older model without B&P for 6K.

Post edited by Eoin on

Advertisement