Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Membership North Wicklow

Options
  • 23-11-2023 12:12pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I have it narrowed down to Bray or Druid's Heath. Essentially just trying to work out if Bray is worth the premium over Druid's Heath.

In terms of membership rate, Bray is about 400 a year more expensive than Druids Heath, but Bray has a decent chunk of hello money while Druid's Heath seems to have no hello money.

But Bray does seem to have things that Druid's Heath doesn't, like good practice facilities including driving range, a good club house and apparently has a good social side to the club. I have heard anecdotally that Druid's Heath doesn't have much of a club feel, though maybe this is unfair?

Anyone have any input or experience in either of these clubs to help my decision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭REFLINE1

I've been a member in Bray for a few years and its been a great experience overall. Great short game/practice area, range, indoor trackman etc. Clubhouse & bar is quality. Its a proper club, welcoming friendly members too in my experience. Fees have gone up like you mention but that's the story everywhere these days. Course is kept in great condition. Bunkers probably the weak part. Any questions feel free to ask here or DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Also a member of Bray which I would recommend for all of the reasons that @REFLINE1 mentions.

Any time I have been down to the Heath is seems like it is full of carpark members whereas Bray does have a really good social side. Bray has become pricy but I really love it there. I have made lots of friends there over the years. I also think that Bray is more welcoming and less snobby than other courses in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Out of interest, what put you off others like Powerscourt, Delgany and Wicklow ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Powerscourt - only has a waiting list now, also a bit further than I want to travel.

Delgany - 5k hello money.

Wicklow - too far again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

Also a member in Bray and echo what has been said, I have friends who ended up in the heath and the feedback is not overly complimentary of both the course and beyond. Bunkers certainly an issue in Bray which is unfortunate because the course is kept very well all year round. Two short game areas, putting green, range and new pro is offering trackman room for rent. Members are happy to see new faces and you wont have major issues getting out when you want especially if you're solo. The bar has arguably the best pint of Guinness in Bray also if you need to wash away those rough rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

Had a similar dilemma to you OP...I just joined Bray myself and happy with my decision...even though since joining i've only got out for some casual rounds as the weathers been so bad but the course was in great condition.

Delgany: I played here before making my decision, was really disapointted. The course was in awful condition.

Heath: Wasnt for me - just didnt enjoy it and heard a few poor reports from members re members leaving and some poor feedback

I played Wicklow & Blainroe a few times and tbh, Blainroe was incredible. The course was in exceptional condition , it was just too far of a drive away. But happy with Bray overall, pricey to join but its done now. I havent met any new members yet but look forward to getting out soon and getting involved

Advertisement