Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LRF fishing Cork area

Options
  • 22-11-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello guys, I recently bought an LRF rod and a variety of mini lures and tackle to suit. Can anyone point me to an area around the coast close to Cork city that has plenty of fishable coastline preferably where I can do a lot of rock hopping?

I'm not even looking for any great fishing spots, I'm more interested in somewhere I could hike along the rocks for the day more for the excercise and getting some sea air on the shore than actually catching fish.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Stay away from rock hopping until you have at least some experience of shore fishing and respect for the elements. Before you do anything else buy a life jacket.

Take a wander down towards Monkstown from Passage West, take note of the tidal times you see anglers are active on the footpath and ask them for tips for a newcomer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KrisOR

If your nee to fishing id stay off rocks a while but i do lrf myself and cobh is a good spot for it around the 5 foot way or kennedy pier. What lures and what size hooks are you using?

Advertisement