Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof boots!

Options
  • 19-11-2023 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello there,would anybody have any recommendations online or in Dublin,where to buy a good pair of waterproof boots preferably with fur lining. I am doing a lot of walking to work to save costs. Really need something waterproof in this wet,miserable weather😔no wellies suggestions please! I would get a few strange looks in work if I turned up wearing wellies😄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JoeCat

I would suggest to go to a shop like https://ie.sportsdirect.com/ or Decathlon and ask them what woul suit you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭con747

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Damien360

We use Hi-tec boots for hill walking and they have held up nicely and are waterproof. You need to spray a water repellent solution on any boot after a few months. Never wash them in detergent. Something similar to the below pic (from a US site but you get the idea). Really comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I would second all the recommendations above to get yourself a good set of trekking/hiking boots or shoes. My preference, based on personal experience of taking a pair hundreds of km through rain, mud and snow, would be for the Lowa brand ( https://lowa.com/ ). Since Decathlon dropped them in favour of their own knock-off, I'm not sure where in Ireland you might find them, but they're widely available on the Continent.

Again, based on personal experience, I'd avoid looking for/choosing a fur lining. Get yourself a few pairs of decent walking socks instead. I've settled on the Bleu Forêt brand ... although it could be a very long time before I need to replace the ones I've got, as they make a perfect match with the boots. Zero break-in time and zero blisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭defiantdancer

Thank you so much! Advice from

an expert!

• Advertisement
Advertisement