Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymore Sea Gardens - Bray

Options
  • 18-11-2023 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

We are looking into this development and are wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to view the offered properties for their first phase. Has anyone decided to go for one, and if so how has the buying process gone so far?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Prices are madness.

Location seems good.

General layout of estate seems good

Local Cllr Joe Behan opposing badly needed bus corridors on Castle Street - ridiculous and may make this location very difficult traffic wise

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rowantree18

Supposedly (per website) over 1000 new homes in this development. My issues would be as follows:

Huge pressure on the Dart and buses.

Huge pressure on schools - if relevant to you.

Minimum of 100 social homes - if this is an issue for you, generally people are interested in the exact number of social houses in a development.

I'd do a lot of research before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seriously don't think that a new development should be complained about because it will pity Dart and Buses under huge pressure?

Also, comment about social housing is pure snobbery. It's more social housing that is required to ease housing crisis not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 amy1457

hi, has anyone bought a property here? Any idea if they have given anyone a snagging date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GG2023

hi Amy, we’ve just secured a house here, we’ve been told end Aug for finish, are you this phase?

• Advertisement

hi, i think we are the first phase - the houses are completed and we are waiting for snagging. We were told end march - but it’s been delayed. We are not getting a clear response from the real estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clarkj123

Same here @amy1457. We may be looking at another 4/5 week wait but no definitive timeline.

thanks! I wonder what’s causing the delays - they said today its because of ESB.
    However, when i spoke to them during the launch(few weeks back), they said it was all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harshi16

Hello, we have secured a house in Sea gardens as well in the 2nd phase. And wanted to check if you have received the contracts and what sort of timeline the agents have given you.

Also is there any Facebook group or any WhatsApp group created for the house owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clarkj123

Possibly "sorted" in terms of ESB being on site working away which I know they were at that point.

• Advertisement

hi harshi, we are in the first phase and contracts were issued fairly quickly.
    I haven’t come across any fb or whatsapp group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sparky1243

We also secured a home in the first phase. We were also told that ESB was holding back the timeline, so interested to see how much longe this takes.

For those who have signed contracts and interested in joining a facebook group, please message me directly and I will send you a link to join the new group.

Advertisement