Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Perks

Options
  • 15-11-2023 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Just curious what are considered good work perks these days? Do people still get company cars or are employers cutting back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

In our company we get six months fully paid paternity leave... Diageo.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Wow that’s really good! What is the partner entitled to?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Depends who the partner works for, obviously.

Diageo offers 26 weeks' paid leave to both fathers and mothers. If both parents work for Diageo, they both get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

For me, a good health insurance plan and pension contribution matching are important. I needed hospital care recently and the access to private care was a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

Sick leave policy is often worth a look up, i.e. how long they are willing to pay while you are off.

A clear one these days too is of course how open they are to remote working, and what the policy here is.

Then of course pension contributions, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

What’s is deemed a good pension contribution by your employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

Monthly pay check

Advertisement