Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started with an indoor smart trainer - how do I measure and what do i measure?

Options
  • 15-11-2023 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Ordered my kickr and got my bike.

I will be training for fitness. What tech do I need in order to be able to analyse data and see if I am making progress? Initially, I need simple info - mainly average HR and watts per workout so that I can hopefully increase my power at the same HR.

Is trainer road the best for this? What else should I be measuring? I will also probably buy a lactate meter to do testing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MangleBadger

Just general fitness or any particular aspect of cycling you want to improve?

Initially I would say just do an FTP test to get a baseline figure, follow a training plan on your platform of choice Zwift/Trainer Road/etc and then retest your FTP periodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spalpeen

General fitness to start with. I'm training not just for cycling but for general health, but over winter I envisage that cycling will be the easiest training for me, indoors, due to weather etc.

That sounds like a good plan. Didn't know that zwift do training plans, presumably they provide less detailed data analytics compared to trainer road etc

Advertisement