Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Portal

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

Hi all, Can you use the PULSE 3D wireless headsets with the PlayStation portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

Waterford, Parkway Limerick, Galway, Letterkenny & Claremorris all have between 4. & 7 in stock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I chanced my arm and plugged the USB dongle that the Pulse uses for the PS5 into the Portal but it didn't work. There must only be power in via that USB C port. So it is uses the 3.5mm jack or if you are close enough to the PS5 leave the dongle in the console itself and it will still output the audio. Reach isn't great, maybe one room away.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭chili_fecker

Does anyone use the pulse explore earbuds with their portal? If so, any issues with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Got the last 1 in athlone today, at last 😁

I've the Deck Mate system on my Steam Deck but I see they are now going to make one for the Portal. Attach a handy little kick stand or power bank.

https://getmechanism.com/products/portalmate-essentials-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It was listed on Smyths for delivery, so pulled the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Amazon moved the date, it is now arrving on Monday the 12th, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Finally arrived today, impressive piece of kit. Beautiful screen, battery life seems good and decent sound.

Something that surprised me was that I thought it would mirror the PS5 TV screen. So any user setup on the PS5 could pick it up and play away.

Unfortunately you have to lock it to an account on the PS5 and only they can use it. You can change accounts with a bit of hassle but Sony really didn't make this as user friendly as they could have!

• Advertisement

If you have one don't sign out. There is a bug that prevents you from signing in. Mine is currently borked.

If you get a new one it can happen too. You get stuck in a "something went wrong error 105" loop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is there more details on this? I was considering getting one but was gonna share with the young fella and this seems like a dealbreaker?

Seems to have just popped up in the last day or two. Hopefully they fix it quick.

I've never logged out previously so it's new to me. But the Reddit posts are all in the last 24 hours.

Fixed again I'm getting the correct log in screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ladirtde

Currys have the PS portal up for collection across the country for those still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cheers for the heads up. Decided to pick one up. At the very least I'm sure I'll get more use out of it than the PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Has anyone run into issues with analogue sticks no longer working properly, suddenly this week up and down are not registering on the right stick?

Looks like plenty of issues on YouTube and reddit.

I tried a reset to no avail, really don't want to have to try send it back. FFVII Rebirth out Friday, the worst timing...

Picked it up earlier. Impressive bit of kit so far. Seems pretty seamless once it's connected. Only issue I've found so far is it has a hard time turning on the PS5 from Rest Mode and struggles to connect. Only thing I've found that helps so far is turning Airplane Mode on and off again, then it can connect straight away. Not sure if there's a better fix for it.

Doesn't seem to be happening any more, so now working as intended. Still very impressed with it so far. Feels great to hold and play, has a great weight and feel to it, and obviously feels just like holding a Dualsense (though arms adjusted to be able to see screen obviously). So far have only played a bit of Tekken on it but quite enjoying being able to play the PS while having something on the telly in the background.

• Advertisement

Have you tried online battles with it? interested in potential lag

I did a few online fights (Quick Match, didn't want to risk it in a Ranked Match). Didn't find any issue, but I was in the same room as my fibre broadband router and the PS5. Won one or two of the matches anyway. Can't really say if I lost the others due to any lag, or if I missed any moves due to lag on frames/input or just my own lack of skill. Most of the reason I was in Quick Match was just because I was trying out new moves/combos so didn't care about winning or losing.

In general though, seemed fine. I doubt I'd use it for any online games that are too competitive like shooters or if I did want to do ranked matches just because I'm sure even the slightest bit of lag can make a difference. I might test it with the TV on the PS5 and see if there's any direct lag between them.

Actually yeah, I'd say there is a little bit of lag. Was playing it in a different room this morning and was missing a few more combos and inputs than usual. Also noticed while in practice mode that if I pressed down to duck it sometimes registered it as two inputs and I'd sidestep.

It still seems mostly fine, and perfectly playable (again, I won some matches but probably could have done better), so if a lot of precision is required there can be an issue at times with lag.

Smyths has loads in stock today if anyone is still looking for one. Seems like a good spread across stores.

Son decided to pick one up with his confirmation money....that worked out nicely for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Picked up one of these during the week and loving it. Now I can chip away at FFVII remake at 6am while my son is watching kids tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

The likes of dark souls, or sifu doable on the portal? or is the latency too much..?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

Is it worth buying?

I don't play either but I played Helldivers and that was fine. Most games are great, I get the occasional dip for a second or two but not long lasting enough to make it unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭CptMonkey

Very tempted by this. Would let me game. while the young fella has the TV blocked with fornite on his switch

Advertisement