Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidy farm yards

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I've no problems with pallets or timber, any few I be keeping for the have that extra one under the fertilizer to keep up a bit the uncle do have cut up while my back is turned

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Anybody have a handy way of kindling pallets.we just throw them on the floor and use a sledge but it's slow and a little dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

A pallet buster. Will pull the boards off in jig time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Yep. that's the tool. Loads for plans for them online or you can buy one for €30. I break the boards of and have a deep saw horse for the chain saw. I can hold 8-10 broken down pallets. Nip with the saw, top tip is to keep the nails in line and you done top with chain saw. Best option is work with an old chain for the saw.

Any farmer handy with a welder would run up one of these quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I do my best to keep the place tidy here. You'd be fine with a pair of boots on here. I find if you keep on top of netting and plastic this time of year and give the yard a clean with the scrapper once a week everything else is easy manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Just cut away with the chainsaw. Keep the bits with the nails separate and dump the ashes from the fire safely. That way no fear of nails ending up in the wrong place. There's work enough without pulling nails.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Advertisement