Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin media free Xbox series S to new sign ups

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Sweet deal.

What did you get for €65 a month?

Nearly time for switching here but I see it's €60 for 1gb BB & TV or €70 for 2gb BB & TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Got the 1gb broadband and TV as a two year price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Its €60 pm for 1 GB internet and tv 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'm unsure

Only reason we changed was we were existing customers with it in my partners name. They wouldn't match a new customer offer so we cancelled and I rang back next day to sign up as me and they mentioned this deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I’ve tried it there and it doesn’t seem to allow me.

i get a msg we will change your services

However shows 80 pm in backgrnd. On €39..500 mbps BB only

EDIT: Got an email to complete order as well…€80 no thanks😅

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

We cancelled and then signed up under my name. €60 for 12 months 1Gb and TV, we were offered 24 months for €65 but they might have something else free next year... 😋

It's the S series Xbox so no disk drive, all digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Anyone familiar with the home phone extra add on option for €3 a mth? When I select a BB/TV package and add that I get the below at checkout.

• In order for these products in the basket to exist together, you need to have a Broadband & TV bundle chosen. Choose an alternative Broadband & TV at the bundles gallery then return to the basket with your selection.

Will give them a ring Monday, haven't been with VM for years but having to deal with their CS and what looks a broken option on their website is already turning me off. Trying to switch from EIR so wondering is home phone even a valid option anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Their website is broken, you can ring them and add it on later when ur setup.

• Advertisement

Anyone get the Xbox yet? Got a text to say I'm on course to get it in the next 35 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

VM seam to have a lot of issues. See recent reviews https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.upc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Shocking customer service. Was on hold last week for 45 mins and when it started ringing the person immediately hung up.

Next call took 30 mins, applied for the fibre in the area and he said I would shortly get a text when the technician would be out. Got a text 2 days later to say the technician would be out on the 24th Feb 2024, 3 months later! I tried to call again but a 60 min wait so I went online and was able to manually update the date to the 14th December.

Were there any other viable options for Internet here, I would easily move.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The customer service is pathetic but the broadband and television I have from them gives me no trouble.

It's like a lot of companies, great while it works, not so great if it doesn't and you need it fixed.

Anyway, on the Xbox, I got a text to say the courier will contact me in 15 days to arrange delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lauralee Robinson

Well I ordered virgin on 20 Nov 2023 I then was told we would receive a free xbox however our son wanted one of Santa so because we would receive a free one we never purchased one as the dates would of matched on time for Christmas. Only for virgin to take a month to bloody install 😡there was No x box and wouldnt arrive they didn't care one bit about the child my husband and I searched High low to buy one but none to be got anywhere was told week before Christmas by a member of staff that because we have had to wait so long on installation He would then push through delivery of Xbox for inconvenience caused so the child sad at Christmas morn wasnt on virgin media Well that never happened and even ringing bk for the 15th time in an awful state of panic and upset because my child on Christmas morning the girl refused to help and it didn't matter that the child unlike his siblings would have what he asked Santy for. Unbelievable if Virgin had of been honest with me on day of purchase myself and his Dad would of just bought the Xbox ourselves. Virgin Media ruined my sons Christmas and should be ashamed. It is now 8th of January and still nothing bk from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Virgin Media will use whatever promo to get you to sign up to their service (Xbox, free flights) and promise you whatever it takes. There sales team have/had targets to reach coming to the end of year. They are not a Santa gift provider. If your son was disappointed and let down, that's not on Virgin Media - I would have been looking for weeks before 20 November to guarantee an Xbox for Christmas morning. Even waiting till the 20th Nov to look for an Xbox in the shops or online, would have been cutting it fine

I'd be ringing them again this morning regardless of when they said they would call back. Keep onto them about a definite answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭bingobango12

I’ve seen some mad posts on some of these forums but blaming Virgin Media because you’re too miserable to buy your own child a Christmas gift takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

It's rare that someone bothers to review when things have gone well with a service such as TV, phone or broadband.

Notice that all the large companies in this area are all sub 2.0 (Virgin, Sky, eir, Vodafone).

Pure and Imagine are rated high (both around 4.0). I'd imagine it's other small companies with similar ratings.

Personally I've never had a bad experience, in my opinion, with any of them. I have had the whole thing of waiting on the phone but usually get my issues sorted. Perhaps it's because I've worked in CS and in telecoms that I just have more patience with it since I know the stress.

As to the XBox situation I wasn't aware there were any shortages, wasn't keeping an eye on it but I'd imagine Smyths, Amazon (OK, not going to deliver on time!) etc. were all in stock on the 23rd/24th. Awful that happened but don't know if it would stop me getting their service in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 shazbot1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shazbot1

Every Review for all Broadband/TV companies is negative, very negative over 90% negative for all on TrustPilot, Vodafone, Eir, Sky, Imagine.. go check them out .. room for a company that can actually do something for the customer…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

people generally only make the time to write a complaint.

if everything is good people rarely go out of their way to praise a company.

digiweb i can bet ask customers to review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I’ve found Digiweb’s SIRO offering to be fairly disappointing. 1GB product rarely gets over 400MB when I plug directly into their router and regular drop outs messing with Zoom calls, streaming, etc. Will be going straight back to VM when contract is up.

Advertisement