Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattle prices

Options
  • 08-11-2023 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just a query,

Anyone finding cattle prices way down. Got some bullocks, heifers (mainly chx) and a cow sold in mart in the last few weeks. Cow CHX/LM was 510kg, got 1040. My average price was just 238 per 100kg. I was hoping to sell a few more but am I best to hold on now until the Spring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Where is the best mart in Clare/Limerick atm for cull beef cows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭148multi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭50HX

Lighter stock are way back

What age was she, assuming she graded OK you prob down circa 100 on factory otherwise you did well on her

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Con2211

Thank you all for the replies, she was a young CHX cow, about 3.5yrs, had her first calf last year this time last year.

I thought she was in calf ( she had been AI'ed in Feb and I didn't see any action since) but when got her scanned she was empty. I still have her mother who was in calf again so I ended up keeping the mother cow instead.

I was just disappointed with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭cute geoge

510kg is a very average weight for a 3 1/2 year old cow ,a frx would weigh as good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There is so many culls at present it's a buyer's market. With a CHx like that I would have held on to her and finished her off grass next year.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement