Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing tfi bikes stations

Options
  • 07-11-2023 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's happening with these tfi bikes locations?

* Connaught Avenue - was built over a year ago but still no bikes there.

* Sullivan's Quay, outside Forde's Bar. There seems to be some kind of construction work happening, very slowly. Will the bikes be put back?

* Morrison's Island, outside College of Commerce. This one has disappeared.

I contacted tfibikes who told me to contact the NTA, who haven't responded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

There was one on Washington St that was removed due to the student flats being builts at the old Square Deal place. That's long finished but no sign of the bike stands coming back. That was the one I used the most so miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Quite a few of them have been removed and it makes the network less useful. I also used to use the Washington Street one. Still no reply from the NTA to my query.

Got a reply ...

Sullivan's Quay is permanently gone.

College of Comm was removed due to the flood works and a new station will be installed when they're complete.

Connaught Avenue is going to be moved. It looks to me like there isn't enough room to safely remove the bikes without traffic impinging at the current location.

I didn't ask them about Coburg Street or Washington Street.

Seems the Washington St station is coming back also but no idea when.

We believe you are referring to St. Fin Barre's Bridge station. Our team is working to reinstall it but unfortunately, we cannot tell an exact date when the station will start operating. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Quite amazing they are actually removing stations when we should be working to add to the network. Disappointing. If you're going to permanently remove one, at least add one somewhere nearby. The network is tiny as it is.

• Advertisement

I forgot to mention that they said they added more bikes to other stations to make up for those lost at Sullivan's Quay. But I would like to see more stations to fill a few gaps, and to extend the network out. St John's College is an obvious location, and the coverage doesn't extend far on the northside. A few stations leading out to Blackpool would probably make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Definitely way more needed North of the Lee. Should be stations out to Douglas and all along the Harbour Greenway too. That'd be game changing.

Noticed another station has disappeared - there used to be one on South Main Street outside the Oval Bar. There is probably a lot of additional demand there with the student accommodation and the Tesco. There are quite a few gaps in coverage now, which is not consistent with the NTA's line that they were adding local capacity to make up for the removed Sullivan's Quay station. The network is becoming less useful .

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

A new bike station is being installed at County Hall next week

Good news about County Hall and Washington Street. College View closed and fenced off but just for today. https://www.bikeshare.ie/service-disruption-notice-cork-college-view-and-mardyke-walk.html

• Advertisement

County Hall and Washington Street are still not online. No movement on Connaught Avenue. College View seems to be semi-abandoned. It's offline some of the time, and never has more than one or two bikes. People are now beginning to use it as a car park.

Advertisement