Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go from here? (Fertility related)

Options
  • 05-11-2023 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So having left a long term relationship I got some fertility testing done recently. I’m 32 F by the way. My amh was 7.24pmol/L - 8.96pmol/L (tested twice in same month and got 2 different results), AFC was 8 on one ovary and 3 on the other. 

Now I’m stressed.

I’ve considered being a single mom by choice and doing IVF soon with the hope that there would be left over embryos so the pressure would be off for the 2nd child. I think I just want 2 kids total. 

Egg freezing seems like maybe a waste of money and not enough of a guarantee especially with my above results I’d need multiple cycles I think right? 

Or could freeze embryos (using donor sperm) since that has a higher success rate? 

I’ve found a donor who I’m very happy with so if I’m going to do anything involving a donor I’d kind of like to choose this one before he’s sold out.

This whole situation has me very anxious. I don’t feel ready to make this decision yet but my time is running out faster then I thought and I feel the need to at-least have a plan. 

Considering the above results it would be silly and reckless to forget all this for now right and revisit the fertility clinic situation next year? I’m still recovering from the breakup. I’m very quiet, shy and kind of anti social so I’m scared to count on me finding another partner anytime soon especially one that I’d be willing to tie myself to for life. I haven’t dated in a very long time and dating in your 30s is so different to your 20s. 

Feeling low these days and lacking in self esteem. I don’t have much faith I’ll meet anyone but also the SMBC feels more like a last resort then first choice to me so maybe I need to slow down and try force myself to find someone? I really don’t wanna date under pressure either though. My biological clock is ticking loudly and it’s hard to block it out and focus on dating to be honest…..

Maybe if I had one child using a sperm donor my biological clock wouldn’t be ticking so loudly and I could relax and hope to meet someone before I need to use the left over frozen embryos for a second child? This really isn’t how I imagined my life would turn out. Any advice on what my next move should be would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

You are not getting any replies, but maybe I can add something at least in terms of the IVF expectation, which I have been through myself .

You mention "doing IVF soon with the hope that there would be left over embryos so the pressure would be off for the 2nd child. I think I just want 2 kids total" 

You may need to look a bit differently on that one, since it will also, unfortunately, often be the case that the first child does not come about via IVF.

I cannot really offer you anything else in the way of advice OP, all the best.

Advertisement