Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Guards & Open Bar

Options
  • 04-11-2023 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone has considered getting security for their wedding event.

We're close to a major city where many event places require you to hire security, but in our city, it is not the "norm" to do so.

My fiance and I are doing an open bar, but this scares me slightly... I'm worried that people will get a little too wild or rowdy and I do NOT want this to be a concern on my wedding day. I know it wouldn't be the majority but there are a select few that must be invited (family) and alcohol makes them unpredictable.

On top of that the police in our city are brutal, they have no tolerance for the public and have been known to "crash" events and weddings.

Currently, a court case going on where some officers used excessive force. Anyway, I was considering hiring Event Security for two reasons, rowdy guests and to keep the police gang entrance to a minimum. Thoughts?

Comments

Advertisement