Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Marathon - March 10th 2024

Options
  • 03-11-2023 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Looking at keeping sharp over the winter with a Spring Marathon being the end goal. Looked at Madrid/Belfast/Milan/Manchester but all in late April. 10/03 looks a perfect date as it's easier for me to keep the head down in Jan/Feb. Just done Dublin in a very comfortable 3:42 and want to go sub 3:30.

I see there's a new route this year and it looks pretty Awesome. Less hills on what wasn't a particularly hilly course as is.

Does anyone have any experience doing it or planning to run it? Would be great to get some advice on where to stay or anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sexWf0TEs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I did it in 2018 and its one of, if not, my favourite marathon. The start will forever live in my memory and by far the best I've experienced (no spoilers for you)

Course will good, probably too many out and backs, but lots to look at along the way. Hopefully the new course reduces those. Nice Asics t shirt which is still going strong. Easy to get to, cheap hotel locally and a great few days afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭chabsey

There's always Paris, early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

My first Marathon also in 2018, I really enjoyed it, some great sights and music along the way..I got accomadation close to the start which helped and it was basic but reasonable price.

I was lucky with the weather, as it only warmed up towards the end.

I'd recommend..

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

I'm signed up for it, but its my first time running it so not much help to you on that front unfortunately! New course looks good as you say. Have a fairly central airbnb booked for it - but airbnb prices are definitely higher that weekend compared to when I booked it a couple of months ago. Good luck with the training, at least an easier (on paper) course awaits you at the end of this block!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

@BOB81 Are you still traveling? Is anyone else?

Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

Yep nearly there! Should be a great weekend, just hoping there isn't a random heatwave in Spain in March, don't think I'd fare too well in the heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Absolutely. Seville was flat calm and 12°. Same as please :)

Advertisement