Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling of clothes that are unfit for wearing

Options
  • 01-11-2023 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at the very 'slow fashion' end of the spectrum, having some clothes that are twenty years old or more. It's funny when old photos come up, and I'm going 'yeah, still have that t-shirt or those shorts'. By the time I'm ready to dispose of clothes, they generally are unfit for anyone to wear, whether though staining or odour or wear.

Is there any point in putting these clothes into the clothes recycling bins? Most of them seem to suggest that they want stuff that can be reused somewhere, even if this means exporting to Africa. I think Liberty used to actually recycle the material and fabric, but I couldn't find a bin near me last time I went looking.

Is there any good recycling option for very well worn clothes?

Comments

Advertisement