Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churches with evening opening hours?

Options
  • 01-11-2023 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are there any churches which are open in the evening for mass or even where you could pop in and light a candle and have a quiet prayer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Op, Evening opening hours I do not know of. Pandemic has made this not an option in Dublin postal codes.

re, "pop in and light a candle"

I had a poor experience a few days ago in the church of St Augustine: Went to light a candle at St Monica shrine. Then an official "waits" / hovers behind me. I decide to withdraw and instead I pop € 10 note into the Holy Souls Slot at rear of church ( Dad passed away within last year ) To cut a long story short I left church in cranky state.

At this moment, I'm up in County Sligo. I went to a local church in that town, and went in. No other patrons present. I lit a candles alone and unhindered and say a prayer

PLEASE USE CCTV TO MONITOR CHURCH VISITORS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

St Kevin's church, Harrington St., has a 7pm First Friday and Holy Hour. Plenty of time for quiet prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

The Avila centre in Donnybrook have a 6pm mass Monday - friday and is open til around 8pm every day of the week. Also there is the office of readings every day, evening prayer at 5pm and night prayer at 6:30pm

Theres a........ 6:15pm mass Monday - friday in Mount argus in harolds cross and the church is open til about 7:30pm I believe

a 7:30pm mass Monday - friday in the church of the Angels on church street(beside the bar association of Ireland. Also a 7pm mass on sundays

a 6pm mass on sundays in the pro cathedral just off O connell street

a 5pm and 7:30pm mass in the blessed sacrement church on bachelors walk, On sundays

a 9pm mass on sundays in Our lady queen of peace church on merrion road(opposite st vincent's hospital.

Theres a holy hour in St mary's church in rathmines on Tuesday evenings from 7:30pm - 8:30pm(This is a great holy hour)

A Holy hour on thursdays from 7-8pm in our lady queen of peace on merrion road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

Advertisement