Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAS To Dublin via IAD: 70 Minute Connection Time

Options
  • 31-10-2023 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

I'm looking at a return to Dublin from Las Vegas with Aer Lingus and there is only a 70 minute connection time in Dulles. Has anyone done this before because that tight connection time is making me a bit apprehensive if the internal flight is delayed. I also note on Dulles's website that Aer Lingus and the UA (the internal flight airline) uses different terminals. Any advice from more experienced US travelers would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

I would think this is a code share and both flights are operated by UA, if so did this a couple of weeks ago, 70mins is more than enough, both flights are from the C and D gates in the same terminal. We only had carry on bags not sure checked bags would make.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I did dub to Dulles to Denver and back again a couple of weeks ago.

an hour between flights, plenty of time on both legs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aer Lingus use the B gates in IAD. But you can use the airport train C/D and A/B. Airside train.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

I haven’t travelled through Dulles but if my connection looks tight I carry a spare set of light clothes in my carry-on bag and assume that my bag will be 24 hours late. It sometimes does and sometimes doesn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Bring an essentials bag with you. I hate those tight connections, dublin airport is such a shitshow, wouldnt be surprised if that connection is out the window, before the tyres leave the ground from dublin...

• Advertisement
Advertisement