Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW11 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 31-10-2023 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭

Brought Gabriel in last week, might undo that straight away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Exactly the same but feels a wasted transfer. No defenders seem like must haves really.

My starting trio is Pau, Cash & Taylor this week. Gabriel & Burn on the bench. May change.

Who are you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently have Cash, Digne, Udogie, Gabriel, Kabore. Only need to start 3.

May go Tsimikas, has Luton this week and some nice fixtures in the next 7. I have Johnstone in goal, would consider a Palace defender if I didn't. United have a lovely run too, possibly Dalot. If I was looking for attacking threat, maybe hold Gabriel a week and look to get Reece or Estupinan next week. Anyone else you're considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Tsmikas be the one there I think. Bank a bit of money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wouldn't be going for Reece James or Estupinan myself.

Reece James has only played > 60 mins just 1 time this season (GW1) and hasn't played 90 yet. Cheslea only have 3 CSs all season (Luton, Fulham, Bournemouth) and have fixtures against Spurs, City, Newcastle & Brighton in the next 4. I think that Chelsea will concede in each of those 4 games, and might not score themselves in 2 of them.

I'd wait to see if Estupinan is fit, and can play > 60 mins before bringing him, after his month out. Brighton haven't kept a CS yet this season so you're relying on attacking returns.

Personally, I'd be looking at Tsimikas, or even Maguire as a short term pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Brought Gabriel in for Botman Friday nite to avoid price changes, I wouldn't be jumping the gun just yet, it was one game week.

Have Neto though, will see what the press conferences say but it sounded like a bad hamstring injury. Hee Chan is the only one I'm interested in that price range and its hard to know how Neto being out with affect him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Brought in Pedro Neto on WC last week and now he's crocked so may get Hwang for a sideways move

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Gabriel down to Talylor might give you cash to improve Neto. Can it get you to Mbeumo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Taking my second hit of the season to try get things back on track after reaching a new low in OR with captain Watkins fail last week. Think having no Son is too big of a problem to ignore any longer and bringing him in for Saka with the extra funds coming from downgrading Vicario to Turner with my second keeper Ariola likely to play most games now. Had to move on Friday night before price changes.

I'm dead ending in 18 so I've a fairly specific plan, Neto was to do me until GW15, Son coming in for 16.

So it's just 11-15.

Not a fan of Mbeumo, I know he's scored well but the jam on them has been unbelievable. You will never see that Neal Maupay chance ever again in FPL. Plus they have brutal fixtures for that period.

I'm also happy enough with Gabriel for a few weeks until I see what happens, either that or rely on my bench. Definitely not worth a -8

So basically I'm looking for a 5.6 or less mid for five game weeks

That’s slim pickings so.

Adingra might be an interesting 5 weeks gamble. Very attacking team and good fixtures up to, and including, gameweek 16.

edit - or would it be wiser to change formation and put that money in to a defender ?

• Advertisement

Adingra is an interesting one, my biggest question is whether hes any good?

Haven't seen enough to say either way. He missed the easier Brighton games at the start of the season so his stats are skewed. Here he is compared to Chan per 90, Chan on the left. Do you just sometimes have to believe that a player is hot and accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm also on the lookout for that slot/price range but I have a little extra to get Gordon if I wanted to, I'm tempted to take a punt on Doucoure

Adingra looks nailed due to injuries and Brighton more likely to score 2,3 or 4 goals than Wolves.

Wolves do have good fixtures (even better than Brighton maybe) so it’s not the easiest choice. I reckon you’ve seen more of Hee-Chan so that’ll probably sway you.

All things considered Hee-Chan probably is the pick.

Edit - I just like left field picks so would probably gamble on Adringa if I had to choose.

He's definitely tempting but you're probably right. I think will I be surprised if Chan gets 3 goals and Adingra gets one assist, probably not. Would I be surprised if it was the other way around? Definitely

Here's another one so, do you take the -4 this week and bench Gordon, Gabriel Or Baldock even. Or hold off for more info on Neto and maybe just ride out the injury? I'm kinda leaning towards this option. Arsenal v Newcastle is notoriously low scoring, think I read yesterday that the last 10 have been won to nil

Waiting isn’t a bad option. Definitely not.

I’d love to start Gabriel but last weeks benching is worrying.

Who are your other options? I think I'd start Gabriel over Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

Douglas Luiz is surely the standout option there in terms of form and fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

^This. On penalties & set pieces too.

Was always starting Tsimikas and Cash but now I’m starting Andersen away to Burnley rather than Gabriel.

I fancy Arsenal to do a number on Newcastle so I could even bench Gordon.

I won’t change it now though. I’ll be starting Andersen and Gordon with Gabriel second sub.

If Gabriel doesn’t start against Newcastle I’ll 100% sell him next week.

Do ye think that much can be read into the line ups + scores in the Newcastle & Arsenal games last night? Newcastle rotated a lot, and kept a CS away to a fairly strong Man Utd. Man Utd are struggling for goals though. Arsenal rotated a decent bit too, but conceded 3 times to a strong West Ham side.

On that basis, my own opinion would say that Newcastle have the edge in terms of who has a higher chance of a CS at the weekend and if I was choosing between a Newcastle / Arsenal defender in order I would pick Newcastle over Arsenal.

I have Maguire in my team at the minute, but that should change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

I’d read nothing into last night to be honest for either team.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

2 FT and 1.4m ITB.

Thinking Guéhi for Gusto and Edouard for Vinicius. Other option would be to keep Vinicius, and get rid of Richarlison for Adingra.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Given Gabriel played and they conceded 3 it’s probably not great if you have him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What order would you have the bench in?

I'll caveat that by saying I think Gabriel starts and Arsenal win to nil

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

JWP to Luiz for me I think 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Defence needed beefing up, can't be relying on Charlie Taylor goals every week. Did Kabore to Tsimikas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FT and Neto is the only player I really want to move o. Luiz seems the obvious option but have Watkins and Cash already and dont like the idea of tripling up.

Adringa looks good but have Mitoma so thinking Palmer might be an option. playing well but tough fixtures so could bench him as first sub and move to 442.

Newcastle have scored 13 goals in 5 home games, and 26 in 10 games overall. Although that SHU game does skew the away numbers, the home numbers would suggest that their attack seems to be clicking alright.

On the other side, Arsenal have only conceded 2 goals away from, in 4 games. Both of those goals came against Chelsea. And then CS against Palace, Everton & Bournemouth.

Based on that data, I would think that Newcastle will score, so I currently have Gabriel & Burn as 2nd & 3rd sub.

• Advertisement

Currently flicking between Bowen & Mitoma to start.

I'll probably start Areola over Raya as mentioned above I think Newcastle score and then starting Maguire over Gabriel / Burn as they probably all concede but Maguire has the attacking threat.

Advertisement