Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace APT Timer with Heatmiser Thermostat

Options
  • 29-10-2023 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm looking to replace an APT Timer for my boiler with a Heatmiser Wifi thermostat. Below is what is currently installed (a simple on/off thermostat for the boiler.)

And I want to replace it with this:

I've opened the cover on the thermostat to have a look at the wiring and this is what it looks like:

And here's it's wiring diagram:

Firstly can anyone tell me if it is voltfree or not? I'm guessing not. Also which of the two wiring diagrams for the new thermostat should I follow? I have an idea but I want to be sure I don't break anything.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

It's the diagram on the left.

The wifi stat has a voltfree contact so needs a link for your setup

The boiler needs a means of isolation nearby , an isolating switch or even a socket

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Thanks for the help. So terminal 1 cable from the APT Timer will go into A2 on the Heatmiser, Terminal 2 on the APT will go into L on the Heatmiser (with a cable running from L to A1 also to bridge them.) And finally Terminal 3 on the APT timer will go into N on the Heatmiser?

Is that all correct?

There is a fused switch underneath the APT timer (as shown on Photo 1 in my last post) That provides power to the APT timer & Boiler when switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ya that's right

Advertisement