Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boil Water notice foynes area

Options
  • 28-10-2023 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Hi all, weve been under a boil water notice since April and no sign of it ever ending, im hearing it may even be 2025 now.

I believe its crypto in the water, just wondering has anyone fitted a filter to get around this ? im going through some amount of water from aldi every week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,719 ✭✭✭✭phog

I thought there was to a be a temporary solution by Christmas with a final solution to be built in 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Quitelife

If you lived in Adare it would have been sorted a long time ago, Foynes,Shanagolden,Askeaton been abandoned by politicans.

I heard last night that there is some dispute or at least a lack of agreement between Irish Water and Aughinish about the remedial works required to resolve the issue as the plant in on their property.

The Shannon Estuary Water Action Group (SEWAG), which has representatives from the affected communities, has arranged for a public meeting to take place regarding the current boil water notice, which has been in place in our communities since 17 May 2023.

They have a Petition here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Anyone heard any update on this ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement