Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best saorview box to record?

Options
  • 27-10-2023 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all.

What's the best box to record saorview on. Have free sat recording box but need something for saorview please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭decor58

I just use a HDD plugged into the tv, you could watch Freesat and record Saorview or vice versa. Restricted if you want to want to watch one Saorview and record another.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭eam77

Tried that but TV doesn't allow recording unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭decor58

I think there was only ever one Saorview recorder, WP6500, they were rare then, doubt if there are any still around. I use a Ferguson Ariva 154 combo as a backup when programmes conflict. The Walker WP645 is a Saorview/Freesat combo box with a record function, to HDD but again rare at this stage. In the past I used a Panasonic FreeView box, it was only one at the time which allowed channels be renumbered, even FreeView boxes are getting scarce now. Other on here use combo boxes that take a bit of setting up but appear to work well.

Advertisement