Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with deactivated firearms?

Options
  • 26-10-2023 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

A friend of mine has wanted an original FN FAL for years now and seeing as getting a working one is near impossible in this country I figured I could get him a deactivated one for Christmas to thank him for all the help he's giving me over the past few years. I found a reasonably priced one from a website in the Netherlands and figured I might as well.

Looking into it I'm a tad bit confused, it states you can own them if they are EU spec and have an EU deactivation certificate but it requires an import license, does this mean I have to go to a firearms dealer and get them to import it for me or can I get an import certificate myself and just ship it over from the NL? And would it be the same form you would use for a functional firearm?

Also is there any rules about transferring them once they're in the country?

Post edited by otmmyboy2 on

Comments

Advertisement