Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty ex wife

Options
  • 26-10-2023 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Tuesday night at 10pm I was served a interim Barron order and to be in court the next morning at 10.30 as my ex wife was seeking a full Barring order, she made up lies that I hit her , that I was going to the house and taking stuff and that I was calling to the house to see my teenagers only when she was not home all bullshit and lies , thankfully the judge seen sence and that I did not have enough time to get a solicitor and adjourned it till the following week, this was some nasty tactic from my ex wife and shows her true colours, all because she wants to keep me from the family home which I own half , anyone experienced fighting a Barron order thanks

Post edited by Tomlad79 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

I think it was a guy, a Billionaire called Rockefeller Said ''if you want to find out what a woman is really like Divorce Her''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I fought a Baron once... pistols at dawn. Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tomlad79

Big time

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pikey

once you leave the house before legal separation the harder it is. I lived with a protection order in place for nearly 8 months. She had me arrested but still I wouldn't leave my house. Eventually we went to court and got the separation and protection order, barring order dropped as part of the settlement.

Feel your pain! Bu there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭thatshowthelightgetsin

You're welcome to the club. Yes, the false allegation playbook. Control 101. It's happening fathers across Ireland every day of the week, the vast majority of whom, wrongly but understandably, stay quiet because if they're to even say thay have a false allegation against them people think "There's no smoke without fire" so you keep quiet to keep whatever dignity you can. That desperation for dignity, for privacy, takes on a role in your life you could never envisage it would have before the evil of false allegations/destruction of your relationship with your children commenced. False allegations are the ultimate controlling mechanism used against men in the family law process. And they hang over you for years, so you have to try and be kind to yourself in these darkest days of your life as you embrace your pariah status based entirely upon a lie which has credibility solely because you're the wrong gender.

In 2023 the whole culture of false allegations against men is 100% supported by the Government of Ireland and its judiciary - which refuses outright to fast track all false allegations (overwhelmingly against men). Therefore, the fathers live under false allegations (usually having been forced to live outside their home and away from their children) until the case gets to court years later. It really is a thoroughly dehumanising family law system, and it's no wonder that the highest rate of male suicide in Ireland corresponds to the most common age for divorce (45-55). The outstanding fact that no woman has ever been legally punished or named in public for false allegations against fathers highlights the Irish State's direct culpability for encouraging and incentivising this culture of false allegations. It's a win-win tactic for every single woman to use in the family law courts.

Justice in Ireland for fathers? Irish family law is 100% a "guilty until proven innocent" highly secretive kangaroo court legal system for fathers facing false allegations. Essentially, Irish judges and the politicians have, under pressure from the so-called women's rights' lobby (the vast majority of the male victims of these false allegations have women supporting them - be they their daughters, mothers, sisters, partners or female friends - but the misandrist Ivana Bacik/Kitty Holland types wouldn't concede that), give legitimacy to the "I believe her" movement and men are, in fact, guilty until proven innocent in family law courts.

This is the gender-based reality of discrimination against fathers in Irish family law, which every single person working in Irish family law in 2023 knows. And like the industrial schools and Magdalene laundries, Official Ireland says nothing. The so-called "liberals" in The Irish Times and the Labour party in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown are conspicious by their silence at what's happening men in family law courts. And Helen McEntee refuses outright to open up the family law court judgments to international human rights observers and statisticians so all we have, aside from Róisín O'Shea's four-year study (2014) of the courts, is an enormous amount of anecdotal evidence - and that's the way the Minister for Justice wants to keep it as solid statistics would force Helen McEntee to finally push the equality agenda into the family law courts - and sack a large number of the egregiously misandrist judges of the family law courts who treat mothers like a protected species no matter what malevolent allegations they use to destroy other Irish citizens, who happen to be men. Incredible judgments like this very recent one: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41225728.html?fbclid=IwAR1npM8bY4MjPomF_eHaysnM3NuS4s3zS78mhzCgjw_QoUdFZbCP0RkVdIk or this one: https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/1007709/husband-who-had-affair-tells-judge-his-wife-stripped-him-naked-and-poured-hot-water-on-his-face.html

Ring up Men's Aid and get to one of the peer-support meetings (which have been greatly reduced in the past year because Tusla/Helen McEntee's Department of Justice cut their budget, which is a token figure compared to the massive resources given to women's groups). And if anybody lives in Meath East, McEntee's constituency, make sure you tell everybody you know what is happening to fathers in family law courts under her watch. This doesn't just happen to "other men" - it could be your son, your brother, your father, you next because, ironically, the system doesn't discriminate - a father is a father and he cannot, for no obvious reason other than the equality agenda hasn't arrived to family law courts, be given the same rights as the mother has.

You'll meet a room full of men from all walks of Irish life who are going through the same false allegations, each and every one of which are designed to remove them from the family home and their children's lives so the children's mother can alienate the children from their father and claim the family home until, at least, the youngest child is 23 (providing he/she goes to third-level). It is as simple as that. Many of the fathers have not seen their children in years - and the magnitude of this injustice is 100% the responsibility of successive Ministers for Justice, and a whole class of deeply prejudiced family law judges. The only thing "learned" about these family law judges in the highly secretive family law system is their prejudice against fathers.

In Irish family law, and family law courts, no evidence whatsoever is required to remove a father from his home and children's lives - something which most Irish people would find incredible, but this is 100% the truth and if you do your research you will discover this very quickly. The woman only needs to claim in front of an Irish judge that she is "in fear" and what judge is going to take a risk (yes, you're getting it, because all men are dangerous... just like in Alabama in 1950 all blacks were dangerous) so, once again, in Irish family law Irish fathers are guilty until proven innocent.

Even if the malignant woman fails to secure the barring order in front of a judge, she can at any time thereafter claim she is "in fear" and when An Garda Síochána arrive on the scene and a judge gets involved, each and every time the man will be told to leave the family home voluntarily or else a judgment will be given against him - again, no evidence is required just a woman claiming to be "in fear".

And when your solicitor advises you, a man, not to report domestic violence precisely because the children's mother will invent an allegation, be believed due to her gender and have you removed, the awesome power imbalance for fathers in divorce sinks in further. When you talk to other men, and the exact same advice not to report domestic violence is being given by solicitors across Ireland, you know that Irish family law courts and the system is utterly rotten to the core. And when people grasp this reality, it becomes clear very, very quickly that in homes across Ireland it is men who are living in fear of women and their Irish state-enforced power to abuse - a reality RTÉ journalists, The Irish Times journalists and all 160 Teachtaí Dála have never had the integrity, compassion or sense of fairness to acknowledge - drunk as they all are at the well of the "poor women" narrative. An RTÉ Investigates special on false allegations in the family law courts, anybody? Even a token one among the incessant faux victimhood from the women's lobby?

It took many, many decades before the industrial schools and mother and child homes in all their barbarism were closed down by the Irish State (whose representatives in the form of the current Government still refuse to publicly ackowledge the inhumanity against poor, powerless, marginalised people which it funded) - and make no mistake that the same conservative reactionaries are at the heart of power today and will resist closing down what passes as the Irish family law courts. And no group has as much stake in the current misandrist status quo as the women's rights groups have so watch them resist the very belated entry of the equality agenda and international human rights observers into the family law courts of the state named Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I hope you didn't give up that room you were renting before you moved back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Atamiri

Just like my ex. There’s no good advice. Get a good solicitor and hope for a good judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rockshore

I went through the same thing. I found out that my wife was having an affair in 2019. As soon as I raised it with my wife she started a systematic 3 year routine of trying to force me out of the house and reducing my time with the 3 kids. She was taking them away to her mothers house at weekends (2hrs away). When I didn't react to any of these in the manner she hoped, she locked me out of the house while I was at work. When i tried to gain access, she rang the guards and sought a protection order. She was granted it as she claimed she was terrified of me. The court hearing was held 6 months later. My wife admitted I was never threatening or abusive towards her, yet the female judge gave me an ultimatum - accept the protection order or give an undertaking not to go near our house. The solicitor advised me to give an undertaking rather than risk further false allegations from my wife and not being able to see the kids. The so-called Family Law court does not act on behalf of the family, this will never change while the current system is in place. As Atamiri says, the best you can hope for is a judge that will listen and be fair.

Advertisement