Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want to Register My Irish Car in Another EU Country (Forgot to Declare It Off the Road)

Options
  • 25-10-2023 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I left my car parked in another EU country for over a year without declaring it off the road. Now, I want to register it in this new country and need to provide all the necessary documents. Will this pose an issue, especially in terms of clearing any tax-related matters during the transfer?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭User1998

I don’t see why another country would care that you didn’t declare your car off the road here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

why would the new country care if it's been SORD or not, here ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Buffman

'All necessary documents' would consist of a VRC I'd imagine, don't see what else they'd need. All depends on what country you're importing to so do your homework on their rules.

The bad news for you is that if you want to reclaim any VRT from the export, it would need an 'export examination' at an NCT centre.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement