Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickboard sticking under dishwasher

Options
  • 24-10-2023 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

We had a new kitchen installed last year and has been trouble free up to the last month when the dishwasher door is now catching the kickboard when you open the door. I am at a loss as to why it is only happening now, and the best I can figure out is the dishwasher has dropped a couple of mm's somehow. There is a small amount of space (few mm's) between the top and the worktop (granite), just no idea if it has always been there. The kickboard does have a cutout to allow the door to open. Is my best bet to remove the kickboard and increase the size of the cutout or find a way to raise the dishwasher somehow? It's incredibly annoying so keen to sort asap. Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Damp from loading the dishwasher might swell the board slightly too.

They have adjustable feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

It could have moved back or forward too which would impact the door clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

This exact thing happened to me on a new build kitchen. Turned out to be the feet had either slipped or the lowered. Once I raised them back up it got rid of the gap at the top and everything lined back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If it's any consolation to you, mine does the same now even though I took out the dishwasher over the Summer and re-alligned it to prevent it hitting the kick-board. It must be moisture related alright. The right answer is to remove the kick-board and re-size the hole to prevent the rubbing. I'll be doing that in the coming weeks.

Advertisement