Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrap or sell on Done Deal for parts

Options
  • 24-10-2023 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My car(08 Ford Mondeo) was recently water damaged, water in the engine and it no longer works. Decided to get new car but was wondering would it be worth it to list my old car on done deal for parts and would I make more then if I just scrapped it. Got a quote of 250 odd to scrap it. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

250 is not a bad scrap price, do you really want the hassle of strangers calling to your house and breaking your balls with sob stories in the hope of making a few euro extra over months or years? Send it on for the 250, you probably won't make next or near it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Take the €250, that's a great price for a scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

as above I’d take the scrap money and be rid of the car. You won’t have every gombeen in the country ringing you then and talking sh1te and having to meet them and be listening to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pmcg1983

Thanks for the advice. I'll scrap it and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Buffman

Personally if I couldn't be bothered breaking it I'd first try and sell it as is on DD/Adverts as a non-runner for a few €100 with a good description of issues. You always have the scrap offer there as a backup if no takers.

How badly was it flooded? Was it parked and completely submerged or did you drive through a flood and die? It might only be hydrolocked and somebody might take a chance on it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement