Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dualsense left drift issue

Options
  • 23-10-2023 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I purchased one of the newer dualsense controllers (light blue) in May 2022 and today it's started the dreaded stick drift issue. Drifts to the left randomly.

I thought the newer dualsense were more immune to this but it seems not in my case. A mere 17 months after buying. I checked with Sony and they won't do anything was is out of warranty.

Do I've any option of fixing or do I have to just grin and bare it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You could get some isopropyl alcohol and dab it on the base of the stick while rotating it around working it around the circular part incase its a slight build up of dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

Cheers and thanks for the reply.

Sony told me the following "I'm sorry but we don't support the repair for out of warranty controllers, I would just recommend you purchase another one." Wow good advice Sony. :-) Crazy that a controller is failing after 17 months and the answer is oh just buy another one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Where did you buy the controller?

EU law is on your side here. There's a minimum of a 2 year guarantee against faulty good.

FAQs|Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe (europa.eu)

Bring the controller back to where you bought it from.

Cheers but I bought it with Amazon and they just direct me to Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Probably not the answer you want, but any current controllers for every console will get stick drift, it's down to how they're made and the big 3 all use the same tech. Hall sensors are being introduced slowly and should resolve it, but in the meantime you could splash out on the DualSense Edge which allows quick swapping of analogue sticks. Tis pricey, but its a good controller overall imo. Gulikit are working on Hall sensor sticks for the Edge too.

I've been taking advantage of trading in an old controller for a new one every year, but haven't needed to since I got the Edge, which is still going strong.

If you have proof of purchase, get back to Sony saying you have a 2 year warranty in Ireland and want it replaced.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info and it might be an idea to go with the edge. It wasn't something i had really thought about as i love the Dualsense but yeah 17 months is just WAY too short for such a dear controller.

In terms of trading in your controller where are you doing that? Or do you just mean buying a new one every year? My launch controller weirdly enough is still ok in terms of drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CEX, they test them but I managed to get one in with some stick drift so try your luck. I was upgrading when there were deals in Gamestop or Smyths on the controllers, think I was getting around €35 for one in CEX and new ones were on sale for €45.

Had my launch one for 2 years with no issues too, but traded it in for a shiny new one when the deal came around. Traded that one in towards the Edge before Gamestop closed.

Advertisement