Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

couple of questions about n plates on trucks and working

Options
  • 22-10-2023 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

so i passed my c licence test on wednesday but i still have 8 months left on my novice plates. i know i have to put them on anything i drive but are employers concerned with me having n plates up or is there any chance of a job once i complete cpc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭wsa30h

no you dont you can do theory straight after passing b when you have the full licence and then apply for your learner permit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Think there's a post gone missing?

Anyways, it depends on the firm I suppose. As you say for 2 years after passing your B test you must display N plates so probably best to ask whoever you apply for a job with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Buffman

Congratulations on passing the C test. I don't see why N would be an issue? You've got/will get all required licences/qualifications and all will be listed on your CV and you'll be supplying all of them to any company you work for so they should be well aware from looking at the dates that you're recently qualified.

There's such a demand for HGV drivers at the moment nobody will care much about experience once you're legal.

So once you get a job just put your N plates on any vehicle you drive and take them off when you're finished. If you're looking for the employer to supply N plates or something I would say it's really not worth the hassle of asking for the sake of getting a set in Dealz for €1.50.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭wsa30h

hey thank you i carry magnetic n plates in my car for that reason. they are easier to put on and take off any car van or truck. still need to do part 2 and 3 cpc but then i will be looking for a job.

Advertisement