Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Holyhead ferry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any discount code for Stena please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Book direct with stena or irish ferries it's easier. Stena has a good club class lounge for €20 . There isn't much in duty free the last time I travelled, just the usually stuff but not the trays of beer. Be there for 7 and you will be fine. I think they wait until everyone has checked in which they do via your car reg as you approach and then they bring the sniffer dog around the cars. What's good is that if you are only going for a few days they give you a discount. Its something like a day trip special which allows you to come back with 72 hours or so. On the return there are 2 checkpoints that you go through, first the customs and then the guards who ask for your passport or drivers licence. The 2 bed cabin is the same as the 1 bed as 1 bed is dropped down and the other 3 are locked up . It's handy just to relax and watch telly.

Forget the type of boat but choose which one is cheaper and which suits your times and book direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Manchester you have to get a bus from terminal to hire cars in some car park god knows where and its a horrible airport.

haven't been through Birmingham in years but i consistently in the press for delays etc.

last time i tried to book a flight car through Liverpool none of the hire companies would let me book a pickup after 4.30pm so worth looking out for that.

needed a fly in late get a car and fly out late the next day didn't bother in the end .

personally would rather be on the ferry with my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

From an ex truckers point of view Irish ferries all the way,Food way better on their boats compared to Stena. Obviously we get a cabin on both Irish Ferries and Stena.

Normally with Irish ferries they wake you up 30mins before docking, Stena is anything from 60/90mins.

Duty free wise Irish ferries has the better selection, Although there is a small duty free shop (2 containers ) were you park up for the Stena.

Advertisement