Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

In what way? They solved Kieran's murder and why & by whom Sinead was kidnapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭jgbyr

What happened the journalist & who was in the shadows.

She went to check out the property linked to the Mountain Murderer. It was in a remote location and she drove their alone. Frank's (the guy in prison whose son died) ex-wife told her where it was. We don't know who was in the shadows, presumably the murderer but it was someone she recognised, so she had met them during her time in NZ. Presume the blood on her phone is to suggest that she has been killed/injured by this person - maybe a set up for a possible season 2. that's my reading of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,029 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It could be Fallon using the whole Mountain Murder site as cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They will be doing well to get another season out of it.

Wonder what the ratings were like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I was gone after episode two. I preferred to watch paint dry.

I caught the last 10 minutes or so by accident, and thought the paint was not dry yet. Slow as could be with absolute nonsense. A guy with a double barrelled shotgun waving it about and pointing it at anyone - five people in the room. What does he do about the other three if he kills two of them? And they were all spread about the room - daft. And a pointless cliff hang at the end - phone ringing out - for series two, if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

Think only two people knew she was looking for the hut so it must be one of those women.

Assume the skeleton was the cop girls mother.

But no idea who that murdered is.

I watched few episodes had hoped the finale would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Was the skeleton human? I thought it was another goat, but maybe that's just me. Were they hinting that Buster had some dark secrets? Or did Fallon set the whole thing up to 'take care' of Aideen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jonnreeks

Who were rated the better actors NZ or Ireland!

Ireland wins understanding the accent part so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,101 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I watched it all thought it was ok, watchable.

I found the reason for the blackmail kind of funny and so so progressive.

The scene of the company boss recoling in horror as he saw what was on the USB stick.

Not a dead body, or some snuff movie, or gratuitous violence, but stats showing his company were not as environmentaly friendly as they were supposed to be.

Post edited by Fr Tod Umptious on

The skeleton was from an animal not a human.

Frank hinted about Dana's mother a lot, telling Aileen to take a closer look at her, which made me think Buster was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,293 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only getting round to watching this now, the basic story is interesting enough...but that lead Irish detective guy is absolutely brutal...so wooden, not seen him in anything else.

Advertisement