Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Paddy Cosgrave overstepped the mark?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Orwell Road might throw the useful idiots a few quid 😆

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Bernstein, Woodward and Sussman celebrating after putting the final details on a damning story about Paschal Donohoe having a front left tyre on his car that is 1mm below the NCT pass criteria.

Surprised she even managed that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,429 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Wow just wow !!

There must be some story there.

I must admit when you said you'd give her six months I thought "no it couldn't be that bad"

How wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Id be willing to bet paddys vile influence is still festering all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Jaysus, Bob, you “called it” there, right enough. Any tips for this week’s lotto numbers?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Thanks Emmet, but you didn’t need to be a clairvoyant to work out that being the CEO of Web Summit is always going to be a job with a very short lifespan for an individual. Even 6 months was a stretch tbh. The news on the grapevine is that paddy is extremely “challenging” to work alongside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Word will get out, if it already hasnt.

No one decent or good will want to take up the role.

Paddy is burning his company into the ground.

De-****-lighted.

I feel sorry for the people who will inevitably lose their jobs but anything that further shows paddy for the pathetic narcissistic craven sap that he is is a win in my book

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I hate the Irish begrudgery that tears down decent people who get ahead and plough their own furrow and are delighted if they fail.

Cosgrave didn’t experience that. He is experiencing something much worse.

He bullied his way through life and puffed up being an event planner and pretended his family connections and money had nothing to do with. Went around throwing rocks at everyone.

It really must be incomprehensible to him that a tweet of no real consequence in the greater scheme of things has ended his power. He’s continuing to behave in the same way that brought him success and it is only serving to burn his fiefdom to the ground even more quickly.

I’d wager some Cosgrave loyalist kept running the company on his orders delivered via WhatsApp. Undermining any action towards change in the organisation.

Post edited by hoodie6029 on

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Given that we have now seen 25,000+ civilian deaths and genocide charges brought against Israel, even the US are tacitly acknowledging that there are war crimes here........ could it be time time for Paddy to return ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

could it be time time for Paddy to return ?

paddy had his day and hopefully we'll never see or hear from him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

He is already back on Twitter

Do you think he should return to Web Summit? Well if he wants to totally destroy the company then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

I hate begrudgery but that's not what I feel about Paddy. I love seeing guys like Collisons go out and make a name for themselves.

Paddy has trampled all over people, hired graduated and then not paid them. The reviews of his company say a lot when you find them on the web.

He ran around for years after FG, sucked up to them at every chance. Then when he didn't get his way he has run a vendetta for years. Also his way would have been terrible for a lot of people in Dublin when he wanted to take over the city for the duration of the event.

Going after FG was one thing, but then going around doxing people on twitter so they could get abuse from his army just because they support FG or in some cases just because they didn't support SF was the final straw for a few people.

He is a clown, gets too much air time anyway in Ireland, let him off to Portugal and let them deal with him. Unfortunately I expect if Sinn Fein get in they will have to make good on wahtever promise them have made to get his support so who knows what that will be, I can only guess he will be given the keys to Dubin to run his event.

But who’d go to it now? All the big names can’t roll back on pulling out especially when the organisation hasn’t changed.

They are looking to save money and reduce air travel of their employees so it will be even harder for companies to justify sending them to the event now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

If Cosgrave himself were to come back as CEO, it would remind me of that Tenacious D song "City Hall", where they orchestrate the total collapse of society:

But now what will we do?

We must rebuild

But who will lead us in the rebuilding process?

Man, it's got to be someone with the know-how

And the elbow grease, to lead us to a new land

No, not me and KG

We don't have the cognitive capacity to lead

Alright, we'll do it!

We'll lead as Two Kings

But just one king. A total onekinger.

‘So Paddy, the company was teetering on the edge?’

’Yes’

’So you came back and gave it the final push to utter destruction.’

The above is a gross exaggeration and work of fiction.

Cosgrave would never give that short of an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Oh brilliant, he will want to be in the public eye with an election coming up.

• Advertisement

Paddy just cant ever let anything go can he....

Do you remember that uppity, precious sh1te in secondary school? Everyone, even the teacher, would groan when they opened their mouth.

At least back then you knew school would end and you’d know which college they were going to so you could pick a different one. There’s no getting away from this dose and no end date on his BS.

Not sure if anyone else pays attention to Paddy on twitter but i think hes starting to get an understanding about how off base he is with many of his views after his entirely valid criticism of Grift.ie is being met with outrage by many of his usual supporters.

He is suing a newspaper. Do you get a discount card if you take 10 cases to the High Court or something?

He’s a very strange man when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Tow

Which story is he suing them over?

The coffee grinds in the sink?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I’d imagine it is this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He did say Irish media group though...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Yeah ive a feeling its grift.ie, they posted a few stories back during his ignominious exit from web summit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Lawyers and barristers don't come cheap. It is possible.

Advertisement