Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPG / Panoramic X-ray

Options
  • 20-10-2023 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I went for my annual checkup and scale and polish yesterday with a new dentist that is nearer to me. He sai I might need braces due to my teeth bite. I got quoted 105 euro for the Orthodontist OPG scan and consult and I see it can be done in other practices for cheaper. Do you think it's best to get it done with the current dentists practice or go get the scan and consultation where it's the cheapest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

OPGs typically cost €50-€60, so the consult with the person doing your ortho works out at €45-€55, not bad for the expert opinion you are getting.

If the cheaper price is also with a registered Orthodontist, no harm in going there. You will also need to consider the cost of the treatment, some clinics offer free consultations, but it is then built into the price of the treatment.

Advertisement