Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Nissan Note

Options
  • 19-10-2023 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Possibly going to buy a Nissan Note (98hp version) CVT Transmission, I'm told they are pretty reliable and decent on fuel, has anyone had any experiences with them? Test drive was fine, I usually do a good mix of motorway and local driving so something efficient is a must.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Manual would be a better option from a fuel economy pount of view. Both the 1.2 DIG and the basic 80bhp model are quite heavy on fuel compared to similar cars. The 1.5 dci is the pick of the range by far. Not pleasant cars to drive with vague steering, imprecise gear change and lots of wind noise. Brakes need a good hard shove. Very good suspension set-up, particularly the lighter petrol versions. Interior is nice but the seats are not comfortable, lacking lateral support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭GIMP

I bought one in July, generally very happy with it, Japanese import. The cvt gets a really bad rap especially in the usa but mine has given no issues so far. I do round trip of 100k per day so its comfortable to drive, the car can be sluggish to respond to accerator being pushed but its ok. It is not the most fuel efficient car but again its ok. If its jap import be aware the radio will need to be replaced (350…400e) and there are no steering wheel controls. Its very spacious but boot is tiny. Avoid the Dig engine (blue badge) go for basic 1.2 they are more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Cheers guys I think I'll avoid it, looking for something fuel efficient, for what its worth its a UK import.

Post edited by Iseedeadpixels on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭User1998

Have a look at hybrids, Honda Fit or Toyota Aqua.

I'm looking at a few tomorrow, hybrid is my main target but was keeping options open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,984 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have a 2015 1.2 Petrol manual.

It's a decent little car. I used to do a long commute to work each day pre-covid. It's reasonable on fuel. I'm sure there is better but I wouldn't complain. I found it comfortable. I wouldn't like to be doing the length of the country in it, but for a typical commute it's comfortable. From a comfort point of view I have heated door mirrors, an armrest, cruise control, auto lights and wipers, rear parking sensors, an adjustable boot space, USB, GPS (obviously redundant), climate control etc. The car is quite happy around 100-120kph, but there is a fair bit of road noise.

I felt it had a good mix of fuel economy, creature comforts, safety and practicality for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,984 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I honestly haven't paid that much attention to it but it'd certainly be in the high 40s for me. I'm not as smooth a driver as I perhaps should be and I tend to use the backroads as much as possible.

Took your advice, went and got a Honda Insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭User1998

• Advertisement
Advertisement