Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis settings when using a JK BMS

Options
  • 18-10-2023 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Struggling to see what is the best configuration to input in to the Solis inverter. I'm using 280ah eve cells with jk bms. Cells have not been balanced as hoping BMS will take care of it. The BMS is the older style on without the can/rs485 board. Should I be using user define or lead acid. On the BMS what setting should I be choosing.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Lead acid, User Defined needs a CAN connection, Ideally you want voltage settings that are within the settings on the JK

as the cells are not as balanced as you would like, id start with a lowish voltage (3.4 x16) and set the inverter to charge at a low current (say 2-4 amps) and let the battery balance out.

Once all cells are at 3.4 you can start bumping it up to 3.5, then 3.6 etc(all x 16)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

See my settings, may provide guidance.

Am playing around with everything at the moment as I recently relocated batteries to shed.

I found that if I had the Max Discharge current set at 100A then when the battery was less than 40% any significant draw would cause the Force Charge Voltage to kick in and just start charging the battery at 300w, so I started back at 40A and am slowly moving upwards. If it works away at 50A I may just leave it there altogether as that will cover the base load and more all day except for the off kettle boil or oven but in the end of that day that's just another Kwh or two each day so am not fussed about that.

The Max Charge current is also set low 80A, I believe that's because I moved everything into a cabinet and now the 125A trip I had in place is more sensitive due to the slightly warmer conditions so that's work in progress also, but again I may well leave it at 80A as I recently got a smart meter installed so any export is paid for if the batteries don't take the current.

I also dropped the equalizing voltage to 55.5 as I found that the balancing was a bit all over the shop when the battery was near 100%, it looks bad but in the greater scheme of things its only 200mv out of balance. Should add that battery was on full charge last night and that's the tail end of it where it goes out of balance.

JK Settings below

I also find that the SOC calculation of the BMS is way off, may need to calibrate it or something. If you see below the BMS hits 0% and 100% way too soon as the battery is still discharging and charging

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ddonq1412

Solis keeps tripping when the battery goes to 100% saying 1055 no battery. The cells are not balancing inhave 8 of them showing 3.38 and 2 at 3.58. The balance is not pushing the charge around quick enough.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Drop your charge voltage to say 55-56, to give the BMS time to balance out the cells.

Maybe set a low charge current (say 2 amps )and give the BMS time to balance.

Likely the no battery is the BMS cutting the power due to a cell over voltage.

Advertisement