Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Taxsaver ticket nightmare with TFI/NTA

Options
  • 18-10-2023 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

My annual Irishrail short hop zone taxsaver ticket was renewed for the year via application to my employer to renew from 1st October, the renewed ticket is listed on leapcard.ie as awaiting collection from DART / Commuter Rail - Any Validator / Gate / Ticket Machine. This is exactly the same as previous years just touch my same leapcard on the validator at a DART station and it would display the renewed irishrail ticket and away I go for the next 12 months

However this year no taxsaver ticket is appearing on the DART validator display when I touch my leapcard but instead it deducted credit loaded onto my leapcard and no matter which DART station, gate or ticket machine or how many times I try my annual Irishrail ticket it will not collect the taxsaver ticket to be added to the card, the same leap card is functioning normally topping-up and deducting credit so this a glitch and I'm paying out of my pocket for every journey I have to make via top-up when I've paid in full for the year from October 1st!

I have raised complaint via webform on the leapcard.ie website, sent emails with screenshots, photo evidence, made phonecalls to them and I've been promised it will be looked at escalated up the channels for investigation but of course I still have not received any response after 2 weeks now to get this issue fixed or my requests for reimbursement of top-up costs I've incurred with refund per day basis since October 1st. Cancellation of the ticket hasn't been option I need to use the ticket as I don't have a car and I've been lucky to be able WFH for past couple of weeks which I can't take for granted will last every day

Where should I go here? Am I looking to have to go via small claims court or Ombudsman or both? My employer's HR department taxsaver terms state any issues with tickets are to be referred to TFI and requests refunds are on partial basis i.e. if I apply for refund now I would only get 11 months back not this month so I'd be at a financial loss for this month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭757TFFIU

For reasons I don't understand, on renewing my annual taxsaver ticket this year, TFI issued me with a new leap card via my HR division. In the past, it had just been loaded for collection onto my pre-existing leap card. Did they issue a new leap card to your HR division by any chance, and it's just got lost somewhere? (Be it in the post to your HR division, or your HR have managed to lose it). Perhaps it might be worth clarifying with TFI if they issued a new leap card. If they issued a new card, they'll be able to see that it hasn't been used since it was issued, so it should (I would hope!) be straightforward to de-activate the missing card, and issue a new card to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

No definitely no new leapcard was issued to me via my employer. I'm using the exact same leapcard for the same Irish rail short hop zone for past number of years all working fine up until end of September until renewal from 1st October not working since. The purchase made by my employer definitely is on my same card number confirmed on my leapcard.ie profile. With your new card do you still have the same card number or a new one?

The fact you have received a new card from your employer could be an explanation maybe new leap cards need to be used now to load these tickets which if that's the case would be a screwup by employer not ordering a new card for me. I've raised the problem with my ticket to my HR department last week to so I'll see what they say because TFI/NTA are still not acknowledging my complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Stupid question, but did you raise a complaint to www.Leapcard.ie or www.Taxsaver.ie?

The latter are the ones who issue the travel pass itself and the ones that you will need to deal with. I had issues with my annual pass in 2014 when my employer issued the incorrect order and nothing loaded for me. Taxsaver were quick to sort things out and gave me a few days travel passes to tide me over. https://www.taxsaver.ie/Live-Contact/

Advertisement