Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMKC’s ponder playground

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Mine are only there for a couple of months out of the year. Can sometimes be noisy at night, and they piss and **** outdoors. Also have no qualms about riding each other in full view of everyone, no shame at all. Once one of them broke into my garden and shat in my driveway. My neighbours are cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

No neighbours within sight. Live in the arse end of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭_H80_GHT

I've heard more try hard attempts at humour. But not many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Couple on one side of me with a couple of kids, very nice and the kids couldn't be better behaved.

There's a girl on the other side of me who is a stunner and she lives alone. My desk faces my back window and this time of year, she's out cutting the grass every couple of weeks. Not much work gets done while that's going on. Yeah, I know, I'm going to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Living i rural Meath. Great neighbours. We look after each others lawns when someone goes on holliers. We take in each others post, & once a year, each of us does a big boozy barbeque. Nobody in anybody’s face, but we all know that the others are there if needs be. Comforting!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭scottser

I have a pair of absolute geebags next door, currently involved in legal proceedings with them. I wish pestilence and venereal disease on them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Live next to a nurse. On the 3 days/week when she's working, she's up at 6am making noise. But she works 12 hour shifts (hell IMHO), and less than half the week, so I can put up with that. Other than that, she's sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ottolwinner

Lovely neighbours either side feel very lucky reading some of these posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

In my previous apartment I had one neighbour above us who was only around at the weekend but god damn she was noisy. Timber floors and she must’ve been wearing clogs the whole time. You’d think her apartment was on fire when she was just moving about the place. When she’d come home after a night out , sweet Jesus she’d be quieter if she had a drum kit and kango hammer going at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I won the lottery of looney bin, entitled, loud, nosey neighbours.... Apartment living at its finest.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Only have one really - near enough to be called a Neighbour. And he is a hyper religious nutjob. Caught him on one occasional mumbling prayer and flicking holy water over the fence into our land. Hisses at us like an angry Python when we pass him in the street because he thinks we are filthy sinners. And every summer round about the time sunbathing starts to happen in our garden, he suddenly develops an interest in telescopes and astrononmy - by day - almost entirely in our earthly direction. Go figure.

Also loves calling the police on us for everything he can possibly think of. To the point I am on a first name basis with a few of the local police and one of them even joined a Guided Meditation Class that I sometimes run. So that's nice.

Mostly amused by him - rather than annoyed by him. Life's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PP Lee

A lovely quiet couple on one side and a woman with a young kid and a beautiful cat on the other side. My own dog goes crazy at the cat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Baba Yaga

mostly grand...couple upstairs with two kids,nice enough,quiet enough,well mannered kids...couple next door are grand also...couple upstairs and over one used to be noisy feckers,that thumpa-thumpa 'music' starting up at all hours,the bass beat would lift you out of the rack...had to go up to them a few times to turn it down(im more then grumpy and impolite when i get woken from my sleep)...that stopped fair quick when yer man sniffed too much one night and had some kind of siezure and we had to call the ambulance for him...hes been very nice since,always dropping a bottle of something nice at Christmas,stopped sniffing that columbian shite since too

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Next door neighbours started serious extension / renovation project with loud work which started on tuesday. This project will clearly take more than a month if not longer. The neighbours haven't spoken to me personally yet - and they're no interested.

Notice posted on gate pillar.

The other next door neighbours are very good.

Helped with delivery of my lawnmower and I get their kids ball from my back garden. Really good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JustAsking2022

nothing worse ! I had this too and I asked them a week in if they had much to do as I wfh and would move out if they did. Lied to me and said a little job and went on to do 6 months heavy construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JustAPoorDreamer

No not at all. I am annoyed that she will not compromise at all on some work at the front of our houses. She wants the same crap that was there before that fell down I want something better but she is too tight with the money. That's why loans were invented. I will go ahead with my part anyway fu-ck her. I am going to 6ft high see how she likes that. I am not going to lose out because of her and with the amount I will save on not doing the fence between mine and hers I have another project I will invest that in :) .

She can put that crappy fence there and when it rots again in 4 years and falls down because it will rot again I can say I told you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

Funny story.

3 houses in a row (county Limerick). We went to see house 1. Not for us... And the auctioneer had the owner sitting in the kitchen. Awkward! Upon leaving, my wife remarked that the houses next door *(houses 2 and 3) were fab - and identical... and she'd "love something like those". 2 weeks later - house 2 comes for sale.

Turns out that house 2 was also owned by occupiers of house 3. They built again - and moved in next door. So our new neighbours on one side (House 3) are the people we bought the house from. And our neighbour on the other side (House 1) is the lady who's house we didn't like. She is still there 2 years on - as she couldn't find a place in the city to relocate to.

So - we've literally met neighbour "1" only once in 28 months. The day we viewed her house. She lives alone and keeps to herself. We get on famously with neighbours "3" who sold us their old house (2). Older couple with grown up kids that have flown the nest. We are in each others gaffs every now and then - and they come up to see the renovations that are ongoing in their old house! Lovely people - who are as happy to have us as next-door neighbours as we are to have them.

Very lucky! A lot to be said for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If she was tight surely the bfs would stay around longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I only have one that could be called neighbours. From what I gather they are filthy sinners and yer man is constantly talking to the police, he even appears to be on first name terms with them. He also appears to be one of those meditation types . I tried saluting him in the street and he just passes on. Oh and he's out in all weather sunbathing, a bit of a nutjob I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

House on one side is assisted living, so they're all sound, but the carers are loud a.f. The other side a young couple (mid 40s is young to me :)). We were at odds with them because our dog would bark a lot (at their cats), and they, instead of ignoring the dumb dog, would provoke her further, but we were still good neighbours. We dug them out back in the heavy snow 2018, I think, because their kid needed to go to the hospital.

On the other side we have a dick with a van, a super religious type, and an older, childless couple. The religious one's kids are very strange. They would completely blank you if you passed them in the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm not a people person so as long as they leave me alone its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I don't know and I also don't care. Living in my house nearly 5 years, ive said howya or how's is going 2 or 3 times since moving in. I could complain about the weather to them but like everyone else I already do that too much

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Semi D in West Dublin, neighbour attached to us a right ass!.

Married family 3 kids, often heard screaming at each other through the walls, slamming doors, swearing at each other.

Typical ass behavour, during hose pipe ban would fill a pool on his drive for the kids. 3 foot deep, 12 foot wide. Empty and refill every week in the summer.

During fall, would always sweep the leaves out of his drive, and push them in front of mine making it very slippy.

Had two cars. Only park one in the drive and the other on a public street. If anyone parked in his spot he would know on all the doors till he found the car and get it moved.

Had a falling out with my wife 3 years ago during covid. I confronted him and honestly thought he was about to punch me. 6months later, moved 400meters away in another estate, new neighbours are gems! They mind our dog, watch our house when we are away and take in our deliveries. Sound bunch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Neighbours either side of me...dont know their names or anything about them...and vice versa....

"The less i know about other peoples affairs, the happier I am...I'm not interested in hearing about people".......

Best neighbours i've ever had....

We still never talk sometimes....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Young Polish couple on one side , polite and friendly, he’s built like a brick shithouse , his hobby is gardening particularly fancy roses.

The other side are an Indian couple , both are nurse , both very quite and private , however every so often they they give my wife a recipe for homemade curry’s and so on , I eat like a king.

I like my neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Barbie2k23

Have

Post edited by Barbie2k23 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Just one house on either side of me. They keep to themselves, mind their own business and don’t make noise. Happy to have a friendly chat when we do see each other. Perfect.

Cui bono?

OP use your thread.

merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Post edited by Jim_Hodge on

Advertisement