Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Zafira

Options
  • 17-10-2023 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently looking at 8/9 seaters for expanding family and while diesel cars have their advantage, I've seen some reviews of the Opel Zafira that have been gifted to influencers on Instagram and they're v positive (I know they're biased tho!)

Just wondering if anyone has one and what's your thoughts? The extras look pretty good to be honest but obv I know range is an issue. We currently have a diesel 7 seater.

Our daily driving would be maybe 20 to 50 km for school runs in general but occasional trips to Dublin on the motorway, approx 100km each way or trips up the country to the inlaws, 200km each way but we'd stop with kids anyway so a charge could be fitted in there

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I presume you mean the Zafira E-Life? The diesel Zafira has a bad rep because it keeps catching fire, hopefully the electric version does a bit better

The Citroen E Spacetourer is effectively the same car underneath and has been around a little longer so it's worth checking out long term reviews of it

The interior spec looks a bit on the basic side, but 7 seater vans tend to be a bit like that from what I've seen

I'd definitely go for the 75kWh version. Having the extra battery will be very useful for a vehicle with high consumption

The only major issue in terms of the power train is the 100kW charging speed. It's a bit on the slow side by modern standards, I'd expect closer to 150kW for the bigger battery

However a 200km roundtrip should be doable even without an overnight charge at the destination

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What's your budget? You could look at the new Maxus Mifa 9.

Althought it's pricy ay €80k.

If you had that much you could wait for the new KIA EV9 too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement