Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player progression

Options
  • 17-10-2023 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hopefully you can give me some guidance, well my son anyway.

Around new years, with the world champs on tv I pulled out the dartboard like I always do, for a bit of fun, my eldest lad wanted to have a go so I gave him the basics etc, he's progressed like a rocket, really took to the game; practicing every day and has gotten really good, he's stopped counting how many 180s he's hit and has even managed a 9 dart game on Russ Bray! We entered a few online 'for fun' leagues etc he's won a few games on that and wants to play for real.

I love the game too but it's only ever been fun for me and I'm not sure where to point him (sorry for the pun), I know there's pub leagues etc but he's 14 and I'm not sure if he'd even be allowed in to play, can you advise where I should look to give him some experience? Is there an official league/tournaments for kids like him?

No idea where he can go with it but I'd love to find out, any and all advice would be welcome.

Comments

Advertisement