Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing attic conversion

Options
  • 16-10-2023 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All. I was wondering can anyone recommend someone to soundproof my attic conversion. My child sleeps in the conversion currently and is scared of noises coming from the eaves. It's a cold windy space so I think he hears noise from outside and may be wooden beams contracting/expanding etc. I'd love tobget this sorted for him as we need this room to be a confortable bedroom space.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Hi, it might be an idea to let people know which part of the country you're living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

It would also good to know if its a two or three storey house after the conversion, not to mind what a child is doing sleeping in a cold windy space which sound proofing will not address

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StarBrighte

The attic room is not cold and windy the eaves are!. :). Child is in a cosy room but the eaves are noisy so id like the attic conversion soundproofed. I'm in Dublin. Its a 3 bed end of terrace house, ground floor, middle and now attic conversion.

Advertisement