Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2023

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Chevy one is lovely.

I really, really like the Elverys one. It's simple and effective. Also like one where it's not always "stupid Dad" trope.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think this one is brilliant 😄

▶️ Watch this reel

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/ZmMQJkzH3LeJpr9P/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Advertisement

Found myself thinking back to this thread when listening to the radio earlier & an advert with a close to Christmassy vibe was on & realised that this years crop hadnt left much of a mark on me. So looking back through it there I noticed that there really wasnt much in the way of standouts in 2023.

The tesco one was for me probably the best of the bunch but with so many of the normal big hitters missing the mark it was a less than inspiring year for the advertising agencies. I wonder had the cost of living crisis played had too much of an influence and that fed into the end products?

Anyway, not much being added to my 'best of' playlist from 2023, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

I did not see this years Norweigen Post ad show up on the thread unless I just missed it. So for completeness I will add it here as they always put a bit of effort in.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

^^^ That's truly magical, keeping the message of Christmas simple. I've a lump in my throat watching that.

Oooooh that's good!! Have a wee tear in my eye watching that, must be some dusty tinsel lying around somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Indeed. I enjoy all their ads. Though clearly they decided to take a break from being controversial this year which in a way is a shame but variety is good too - so it would just get old if they were controversial for controversy's sake every year.

But given the generally poor UK/Ireland showing in 2023 I'd say they are in the conversation for best Christmas ad I've seen of the year/thread.

It's definitely up there for 2023 that's for sure.

It's a simple, well used story but nicely done nonetheless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great read thanks for this.

"It is interesting to note that the top three ads are all repeat adverts, with Woodies “We are homemakers” advert punching in at second overall, and the Cadbury “Secret Santa” advert coming in third. The success of multiple years exposure reinforces recent findings that good advert rarely wear out, and that certainly applies for Christmas ads. An Post and Vodafone also do well using the same creative as in previous years."

Been saying it for years a good ad doesn't go out of fashion as the Guinness as shows.

Advertisement